Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

George W. Bush: Selected Quotes

Admittedly, I nearly laughed my balzac off when I read this:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/gernot0/PAGES/quotes1.html
    Last edited by The Overlord Returns; 11-08-2002 at 12:16 PM.

Pretty funny stuff. Just about every president is full of great quotes.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Pretty funny stuff. Just about every president is full of great quotes.
    I'd be surprised if any president before him had this kind of volume....

...however ....my personal favorite is actually the first quote by the congressman.

I'm not one to support evidence on a public-entry site, like angelfire or geocities. Not that it matters, because there are some things said by Bush that are false as well. But if these statements are true, then I'm mailing Bush a copy of logical fallacies. For example:

"The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war"

Dicto simpliciter, the sweeping generalization. Fighting and winning a war can cause more war. Even if you were to centralize the event (adding "in Iraq") would still allow for the prospect of war.

And this one:

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator"

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc, thinking that because two things occur simultaneously, one must be a cause of the other. If a dictatorship was easier, it wouldn't be because Bush was the dictator. Bush as a dictator and a dictatorship being easier are two events are two nonrelated events.

I'd call Bush an idiot, but I would be guilty of argumentum ad hominem.

Here's a much better, and much more legit site for some of Dubya's stupid quotes.

http://supak.com/bush.htm

"I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
    -In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I still love:

"You don't have to be smart to be President"

That just about sums it up....

I love how the guy on the site calls him a liar. But he supports all democrats.

All politicians are liars. And hell, Clinton was caught red-handed.
    But George, he is a liar.

I am not George's biggest fan, but I preferred him to Gore, and I don't think they can throw anyone against him in two years that will change my mind either.

Aside from that, it's the best source for comedians since Dan Quayle!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

You are trying to make my chest explode aren't you!?!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Of course, there is no question as to the authenticity of these remarks. I'm certain they were acquired and assembled by the most unbiased of reporters

Sorry, I didn't mean to stop the liberal mud slinging machine. Please continue this pointless and childish discussion undaunted. It's soo much easier than discussing the issues or thinking for yourself.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    Of course, there is no question as to the authenticity of these remarks. I'm certain they were acquired and assembled by the most unbiased of reporters

Sorry, I didn't mean to stop the liberal mud slinging machine. Please continue this pointless and childish discussion undaunted. It's soo much easier than discussing the issues or thinking for yourself.
    actually, I was forwarded a list of quotes from Al Gore from the same source, and they were quite gut busting as well....

I actually found it funny in general....... not being an American I am neither republican or democrat. I also think I've made my disdain for politicians in general clear in the past. But please, feel free to generalize about my inability to think for myself