Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

AOTC Commercial

Anyone seen the new commercial for AOTC yet??? I just saw it on Cartoon Network. Ugh, it was bad. It stars off "Who's Da Man???" then you see Yoda and Dooku fighting and a few other scenes, then they say, "YoDa Man!" Ugh! Then they show some more sences and talk about it being availiable Nov 12. Then at the very end, they show Yoda and say, "Yoda Da Man!" Soooo bad. But I guess it did make me sniker . . . . . . .. . a little.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I hate that commercial, with a passion. I know Yoda is popular, and it's funny the first couple of times that you see it. But they play it so much, that I can't stand to see it now. It's like that one song for the Batman movies, that was always on the radio. "Kissed by a Rose", I think is the title. That's probably one of the reasons I don't like music anymore.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Seal sang that song, and Seal reminds me of Pendo.

I like the part where they explain it being perfect. Own the first perfect clone on DVD*! Then they tell you what they mean by perfect. Yeah, so I liked the commercial. Highlighted one good reason to own it.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'd simply like to know who thought up such a brilliant advertising campaign
    ubi mel ibi apes

Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    I'd simply like to know who thought up such a brilliant advertising campaign
    Do you even need to ask? It was probably Ricky "Grandmaster B" McCallum.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

YoDA Man

*beep beep*

What is "Who are the ad wizards that came up with THAT one"

Correct!!!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Why didn't they just take the next logical step, give Yoda a gold tooth, dress him in cool clothes, and had him say "Bling Bling".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Why didn't they just take the next logical step, give Yoda a gold tooth, dress him in cool clothes, and had him say "Bling Bling".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Careful now. We still have a few days left before it's release!
    ubi mel ibi apes

There was an Internet home video advertizement that defined AOTC as the 'key' to the Saga, and this promo was far superior to the current television ad, except for some poor music editing at the end. Quite well done, about 10 MB and 4 minutes long.

I can't remember if I found it on another board or at a site, but the file is episode2trailer1.asf, created on 9/11/02. It starts out with the text "You've Lived the Legend".

They should have edited this one for television play.

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    YoDA Man

*beep beep*

What is "Who are the ad wizards that came up with THAT one"

Correct!!!
    YES!!! That was exactly what I was thinking when I first saw this monstrosity, right down to Sandler's grating voice! And the guy they got to do the v.o.-work in this ad is so overused these past few years especially anything ethnic they want to vomit into an ad that the first time I saw it I thought it was a hoax.

Another thing that bugs me about this commercial is that "perfect clone" comment, which they stepped up in a recent ad by explaining in bigger letters what it meant. But it's a total lie because this film was transferred to DVD the same way Episode I was, they were both put through the digital effects systems at ILM before being regurgitated out. We're not seeing only bluescreen shots straight from the camera on this DVD, we're seeing a completed film that went through the post-production computers like every other big-budget effects movie of our time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.