Thread: 20/20

20/20

Is anyone else watching these stupid kids on 20/20 right now? Man, this is pathetic. Some of the crap these kids are doing, it's bad.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I wonder if kids in other countries tape themselves being retarded.

EDIT: Is this a new fad in America? To tape you and your friends hurting other people and property? As a victim of many a mail box bashing, I got so burned up watching them kids attacking other people and materials and joking about it. For anyone who wonders what this program was about, it was a segment on teens who do stupid things and videotape it. It started out showing kids doing stunts and other dumb things. Then it progressed to show kids doing some violent actions against others and taping it.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-08-2002 at 09:19 PM.

I didn't watch the piece since A) they were getting their point across in the ads; and B) it's not gonna be on here for another 2.5 hours , but I think it's nothing new, just that with videocameras getting cheaper and better, it's easier for dumbasses to capture their dumbassity for future viewings.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Some kids across the street who just started really hanging out outside this year were messing with some of my Mom's lawn Halloween decorations. She's got these pumpkin and ghost things that go on stakes with lights in them and a couple came up missing plus other were knocked over and such and she found one broken on the other side of the street along with the another one in someone else's yard at the end of that street.

She filed a vandalism report against them. Not too long ago there were two of the kids who I actually saw sitting on our porch one day and being louder than hell and they were playing with this piece of post. Now I knew the post looked familiar cause it had a piece of concrete on the bottom and months earlier we had to have the fenced taken down because some workers had to get in with a backhoe to our backyard to fixed a waterline.

Well I didn't want to go outside to investigate cause I was too busy, but my Mom pulled up and I was still watching them and they started panicing. She saw them and after she came inside she got the dog to walk her and while on the walk she went around the house to check to see if it was one of those fence posts which right after she got around back, the kids (literally) threw the pipe to the ground and scattered like roaches. One even ran down the street!
    Then a little later when she came back from walking the dog (the dog took awhile. ) and the kid that ran down the street had started walking back to his friend which then my Mom went over and gave him a lecture. Of course he denied several things like going through our yard to get the post. (It was right along the side of the houseso it would've been impossible otherwise.)

To make things even better, the two kids don't even live across the street so they were hanging out on a friend's porch while they weren't home and in the middle of my Mom's lecture towards him the parents pulled up and caught the last of it, of course they pulled up also wondering why there was this post in their yard. They haven't really done anything after that, I guess it was the part where my Mom told them that she filed a vandalism report about the incident. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I guess the jackass crowd will eat this up though.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    I guess the jackass crowd will eat this up though.
    See now, this is what I really hate. Some kids start doing some stupid stuff, and the "experts" start automatically blaming TV, Movie, Video Games, ETC . . . . But they never hit the real problem, Parents. When I was a kid, I never imagined doing something like this. None of my friends did anything like this. Heck, even the ppl we did not like did anything like this. I think it was because all of our parents put the "FEAR OF GOD" into us, and if we got caught doing something like that, we knew how much trouble we'd be in afterwards. Not saying I didn't do some stupid things in my time, but by todays standards what I did was nothing.

The kids today have not respect for themselves or anyone. And working in a Dept store I see it all the time. Kids telling parents to F-off, and the kids getting away with it!!! If I ever said that to my father, I'd be lucky to see school on Monday! And it all boils down to the fact that parents are too lenant today. Either that or they don't care. They are afriad to put their foot down and really be "parents" because someone might bring a Child Abuse case against them. So they don't and we get kids like we have today. No respect, no morals, no ethics. Its very sad
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

That's right Dar' Argol! I agree so much with what you said. Quit blaming everything else. That's what the program was doing too. They brought up Vice City as an example of the violent things kids play. They also used jackass as another example. I like how the parents then act like it was entirely those sources fault. I have seen shows just like those kids, I have played the same games they have, and I haven't done anything to hurt other people or their property. Why is it I don't go out getting drunk here at Ohio State everynight and the kid in the dorm next to me does? I suppose it was some damn tv show that made beer look so good. I understand the whole fear of the parents. It kept me in line many times, just thinking what dad would do if I was caught. That was enough to stop me. Anyway, I was mad that they were portraying the games and shows in a negative light because some kids went out and acted like complete asses.