Otoh Gunga Diorama

If you haven't seen it yet, what's your excuse?

Otoh Gunga
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

That's pretty wild, where did you get all those curved smoked window pieces? Are they from the Mars sets?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    That's pretty wild, where did you get all those curved smoked window pieces? Are they from the Mars sets?
    That's right! The octagonal base which gave me the idea to do this was from the Hagrid's hut which I also got on sale.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Man, I wish I could find A) these sales; and B) free money to spend at these sales. A very cool idea, most folks I know would simply have gone with those big half-dome pieces stuck together... I wouldn't have even tried it at all!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A very cool idea, most folks I know would simply have gone with those big half-dome pieces stuck together... I wouldn't have even tried it at all!
    Funny you mentioned that since I actually started with the quarter dome pieces from the Insectoids sets. But when my sons looked at it, they said the dome was supposed to be transparent! Sure it did and good thing that I found the alternative from the Mars sets (also bought on clearance) which they gave a thumbs up.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Thumbs up Re: Otoh Gunga Diorama

ACPin, exellent work as usual. Kudos to you. I still say you must make a fortune.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

I'm now thinking of those big 1/4 dome transparent pieces from way back in the day with sets like the Monorail (mid to late '80s, I think) and others, but that's gotta cost a fortune to amass enough of those.

Re: Re: Otoh Gunga Diorama

Originally posted by Sweden
    ACPin, exellent work as usual. Kudos to you. I still say you must make a fortune.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    Not at all, though I don't smoke, drink or have any other expensive vice except for this hobby!

I'm now thinking of those big 1/4 dome transparent pieces from way back in the day with sets like the Monorail (mid to late '80s, I think) and others, but that's gotta cost a fortune to amass enough of those.
    I vaguely remember those pieces, however I basically do my works only on what pieces that I've got. But if those pieces haven't been reissued as part of newer sets, they will be pretty expensive to acquire.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

I think they were reissued in Aquazone sets, but those too have been a long time since we've seen 'em.