Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Made More?

Who Made More?

Who made more money in the end, Star Wars or Spiderman?
    And I don't meen merchendise or video and DVD sales, I just meen in the Box Office.

And also is it a possibility that Star Wars will be the No.1 selling film of the year or is something infront of the two?

Does that make sense?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Spider-Man made more money at the box office. But according to pre-sell numbers, Star Wars will sell more copies on DVD. Right now the top seller is Monsters, Inc. with 9.2 Million copies. So I don't know if Star Wars will beat that.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JJB is correct. It seems that the web-head out did EP2, that's both Domestic and Worldwide box-office figures.

However, each of the Star Wars films still hold spots in the top 20...Worldwide!
    May the force be with you.

I consider this exactly like 2000's lineup. Mission: Impossible 2 was the frontrunner at $203 million, followed by Gladiator at $185 million.

When comparing the two, #2 is much more stylized, mature, and memorable than #1.

Same with 2002. AOTC makes Spider-Man feel like a big, goofy Power Rangers movie.

I can neither agree nor disagree...

since I have never seen Spiderman.

Though I do plan on buying the widescreen DVD at Wal-Mart...AFTER I get my EP2 DVD!!!

I also never saw LOTR at the theater. I did rent it when it came out on DVD. Though I am waiting to buy the box set after all 3 are released on DVD.

You do realise, that every release of LOTR's will have different extra features. By the way, the big DVD boxset that comes out has bookends that are meant to hold up the LOTR's Trilogy when they have all been released. Though New Line has been talking about a super-duper-ultra-mega-deluxe 3 movie boxset in 2005 or so. Plus there is talk that Peter Jackson may go and do "The Hobbit" as his next film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Who Made More?

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    Who made more money in the end, Star Wars or Spiderman?
    And I don't meen merchendise or video and DVD sales, I just meen in the Box Office.

And also is it a possibility that Star Wars will be the No.1 selling film of the year or is something infront of the two?

Does that make sense?

Keep this site handy:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com

2002 Domestic Grosses lists Spider-Man at #1 with a total gross of $403.706,375 in 3,876 theaters.

Attack of the Clones has/had a total gross of $304,175,006 in 3,161 theaters.

Spidey had SW beat out of the gate and trounced it (and everything else) in opening day DVD sales. AOTC will almost certainly bring in huge DVD numbers, but those Spidey sales really surprised everybody and it will be hard to beat. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by stillakid; 11-09-2002 at 06:28 PM.

JJB, I understand there will be a few changes, but that's OK with me. I'm really only after the movies themselves. I just prefer to buy the set all at once, and ONLY once.

As for "The Hobbit" I will probably buy it seperate later.

I'm not really into "Special Edition" DVD stuff. As long as I can get the movies in widescreen (OAR) format I am happy.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    I'm not really into "Special Edition" DVD stuff. As long as I can get the movies in widescreen (OAR) format I am happy.
    I'm not much into the "Special Edition Collector Series Uber DVD" sets either. BUT, after I heard that 30 minutes of additional footage, Like the gift giving scene, are being re-inserted to get the full version of the book, well . . . . . . . its making me wish I waited
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Thanks for the link Stillakid, very interesting!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008