Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cool Star Wars Galaxies.... will you pay/play?

Well to answer my own question.... yes to both .

The real question is on what platform?

I am struggling to choose between the familiarity of my trusty pc or the dynamic hype of my newly acquired xbox.

Your thoughts on this please.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Yes to both. I've been waiting for the game ever since it was announced. Hopefully it meets my expectations, Asheron's Call is getting a little old after 3 years of playing. I already have charecter ideas for my Bothan and Trandoshan.

I would go with the PC version, since they already said that the PC and Xbox versions were going to be different. Plus the PC does give you more options. And with monthly game updates, I don't know how the Xbox will handle the game. Unless they really dumb it down for the Xbox.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Then that's settled, PC it is..... my xbox will just have to wait for Halo2.

JJB don't you think information is a little sketchy? (well at least from uk sources anyway), considering the game is technically only months away from release.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Not really, there is alot of information out there about the game. Have you checked the official website? They have alot of info on the game. As for it being out in a few months, I don't see that. It's still in very very early beta stages.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanx for the link JJB.

Still hoping for a March 2003 (or was that 2004) release.

I think a $59.99 list price is a little steep for the game. I also worry that I simply will not have time to play as much as I would like. But who knows. I've read so much about the game I guess I have to give it a try!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Hey, I'll always make time to play this (if it's any good of course).

My concern was with the subscription side of it, which adds to the 'cost of ownership'. $60 (or whatever it works out to in good old GBP) is fine and I do appreciate the costs involved in running the game, but over maybe a couple of years this game could cost the individual a small fortune.

Sadly I will probably still pay it..... (Time to sell the kids)

The subscription is necissary. It pays for the servers the game is hosted on, the support team, the monthly updates, etc. Trust me, while it does seem like a high price to pay. It's more then worth what it costs you.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That I really don't doubt.... but there are a lot of peolpe out there who simply cannot afford the subscription. It's a great shame, but I do understand the necessity.
    On the other hand, if you played that all the time then you'd save a fortune on all the other games you might have bought... well I feel a whole lot better now.

Yep, that's what I did. When I started playing Asheron's Call 3 years ago, I quit buying other games. And with the prices of games now adays, you actually end up saving money in the end.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks