Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

8 mile, eminem's new film, 50 million weekend???

looks like eminem's new film is on pace to make at least 50 million this weekend. first rush hour 2 then jackass and now this? what's it all coming to? this movie looks like it should make 50 million total, including video, pay-per-view, cable and tv.

i can't wait for the eminem/vin diesel buddy film!!!
    Last edited by derek; 11-09-2002 at 08:22 PM.

I'm not suprised at all that this film will be the biggest film of the weekend. Wasn't Santa Clause 2 the big film last weekend, and you mentioned the #1 movies for the weeks prior to that.

Tally up one more film I will most likely never see.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I kind of liked Rush Hour 2.

I might end up seeing this. I am not a fan of Eminem, but a lot of critics are giving it a lot of praise, so I may check it out.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

It's a movie about never giving up, even after you fail big time. To overcome any obstacle and such. I don't think it is so much of a movie about what Eminem sings about usually.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Pop culture sells.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

That didn't save Glitter. I giggle thinking about it.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I went and saw this because I'm a big Curtis Hanson fan (L.A. Confidential, Wonder Boys). I wasn't expecting anything and came out pretty pleased with it.
    It had it's faults. "Rabbit" comes off sullen and scowly throughout the entire film (Actors have range, Marshall. Lets see some smiling.) and the subplot with the ex-girlfriend seemed to have nothing to do with anything.
    But Mathers did a good job with his performance and the supporting cast was EXCELLENT. And the finale was very cathartic. I think half the audience involuntarily cheered when he does Rabbit does his final rap.
    Mathers has said this was his first and last acting gig, but I think he has potential and wouldn't mind seeing him stretch his range in something else.

If anything, go check it out to see a good Curtis Hanson flick. Unhesitant thumb up.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

it's his last film until they shove a truckload of money his way. no one who makes a film that will top 100 million only makes one film. get ready for the second coming of cheesy elvis flicks. next up is eminem in "Jailhouse Rock 2, Electric Boogaloo"

Acting: anyone can do it.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.