temp. out of service

I'm on someone else's PC for a quick second.

I am having bad computer problems on my own PC this weekend.
    I don't know how long it's going to take me to get my PC back up and running again.

It all started last night when I tried to burn a music CD with Roxio/Adaptec's EasyCD Creator 4. It's always worked fine for me before. Last night it kept telling me that my blank CDs didn't have enough available space to burn any size of song or file.

Hours of troubleshooting, patches, upgrades, uninstall/re-installs, cascading problems into NAV and IE.....

Ack!!!!!

Now, I'm offline, unAntiVirus-protected, and unable to burn CDs.

I'm working on it, but until the IE / ISP problem is fixed, I have no e-mail or easy internet access.

Will post when things are looking better....

- Swafman
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I know how frustrating that is. Hope you get it all up and running soon.

BTW, I'm still holding the Italian Battlepack for you, so I haven't forgotten you!!!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

I had several times this kind of problem.
    Maybe you have corrupted keys in your registers base. Evan if you uninstall and re-install the softwares, they should not work properly. Most of the uninstall programs didn't remove the register keys...

Try Regclean (a little program inside Windows, use Windows explorer to find it) or CleanReg3 (very good program to clean the base).

You can find free downloads at : www.download.com and if you wanna run the programs for free, try the excellent cracks search engine : http://www.cracks.st/?search=

You can also check your system to verify if you are infected by viruses or worms & trojans bots. The best program to locate and destroy them is called : SWAT IT

The first files to check are "system" and "system32" in the Windows file. Most of the viruses used to be hidden there to run.

If nothing works, then the best (but radical) solution is to use the MS-DOS "format" command to format the HDD (after saving all files on another supports (Zip, Jazz, writable CD's, external HD...). But you will have to reinstall the program files after that.

Hope you will find a solution.

- Never open a e-mail with an attached file from somebody you didn't know.
    - Use Popupstopper to prevent the Javascript auto-extract spywares.
    - Better than any antivirus program, use a personal Firewall to protect your PC from any intrusion.
    - Always clean your "Windows/Temp" files after surfing...
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Good luck to ya Swaffy!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thinking of you swaffy! I would commit suicide if my music PC went down (which is why I don't use it to browse!)

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

I'm Baaaaack...

Yuck! That was a drag. My work involves dealing with computer problems all day, so coming home every night to work for hours at a stretch to get my own PC going again made it seem like I've been at work non-stop since Sunday!

R2 - what do I need to do to take care of the Ital-BP ? Please lemme know. And thanks much!

I'm still excited to see the protos. Anyone have them yet to post any pics??

It was fun to read up on the last few days posts. Being offline was almost akin to what I've imagined narcotic withdrawal must be like.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}