Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves

Now, I'm not trying to cause trouble or nothing...ok well maybe I am. But, I was just thinking of some of my pet peeves with forums and wondering what some of yours are with either this one or others! For example one of mine is...
    Why is it that some people feel the need to quote someone elses entire post before commenting on it! I mean I know WHY they're doing it, but why not highlight a couple of lines Why the whole thing! I don't know it just bugs me, and I see more and more people doing it! It takes up space and is annoying! IMO

OK, let me cut off some of the jokes early. After someone highlights this entire thread and says, "like this?". One could be my pet peeve is people who make threads about pet peeves!

Ok so now what are some of your actual pet peeves?

Lets see...Not a whole lot of stuff on these forums bothers me, except people who disrespect others and POST PADDING! It's ok if there is a day's span (Or longer) between someone's post, but posting two or more times in the same subject within the same minute?!? Come on, there is no excuse for that unless you can't read this four letter word: E-D-I-T. Use it people, it's there for a reason. As I have said before, if you really want to be an Emperor or Jedi Council Member, buy a brown or black robe and a MR Anakin/Vader glowing saber and knock yourselves out. Don't waste our space.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Re: Pet Peeves

Not being able to find figures when everyone else in the country has!
    Last edited by BanthaPoodoo; 11-11-2002 at 03:39 PM.

Here's a pretty funny collection of forum users types. What are you?

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Damn thats a funny little list.

I think, on this forum, I fall somewhere between "Rebel Leader" and "Royals"....simply for the amount of time I've been coming here.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Here's a pretty funny collection of forum users types. What are you?

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html
    LOL. Those are pretty funny.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

My pet peeve is the phrase, "Pet peeve" it just looks so freakin' annoying and bleh!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I hate those smile things. I never did understand their purpose wherever they are used.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Re: Pet Peeves

Originally posted by The 'Xir
    Now, I'm not trying to cause trouble or nothing...ok well maybe I am. But, I was just thinking of some of my pet peeves with forums and wondering what some of yours are with either this one or others! For example one of mine is...
    Why is it that some people feel the need to quote someone elses entire post before commenting on it! I mean I know WHY they're doing it, but why not highlight a couple of lines Why the whole thing! I don't know it just bugs me, and I see more and more people doing it! It takes up space and is annoying! IMO

OK, let me cut off some of the jokes early. After someone highlights this entire thread and says, "like this?". One could be my pet peeve is people who make threads about pet peeves!

Ok so now what are some of your actual pet peeves?
    i agree, this is annoying!!!

After someone highlights this entire thread and says, "like this?".
    it's even more annoying when i don't read the whole thread.