Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old SW Comics

Hi. I got a large amount of old Star Wars comics in a large trade. I havent a clue about comics and I've been trying to find a solid pricelisting but everyone I have checked is so different. Any advice on a fair and current price list for original SW comics?? Thanks.

Prices of comics

Are you sure they are FIRST printings? I know I've run across many in my travels that prove to be second, third and even higher printings. (Reprints) for the comic challenged.

As with all comics, the higher the reprint number, the less it's worth.

If you look in the upper right hand corner of the cover, there should be a shape around the price. A diamond. triangle, square or something like that. The shape has something to do with the reprint number, but I'm having a brain fart right now and can't remember the exact info involved.

I know that if there is no price in the shape, all white no print, that perticular comic was part of a reprinted set, that sold at stores like K mart and Sears back in the day. Not worth a whole bunch right now.

You abel to scan and post some pics for all to look at? Would help in giving any advice......
    Last edited by DahrJin; 09-04-2002 at 04:26 PM.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

LOL asking me to scan a pic or object is like asking someone to build the Town of Babel with toothpicks..it just aint gonna happen LOL. (Had two different scanners still didnt have ther patience to figure then out)I'll get someone at work to scan them if they dont mind but I am sure they are authentic originals. Thanks! Do you know a price quide??? Take care!!
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Wizard is still the standard price guide, I believe. Just off the top of my head, I'd say the most expensive are #1 and #107, with the #99-106, #2-6, #39-44, also being a bit higher. #7-38 are about the same, as are #45-98.
    No proof, just guessing.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Ty very much. Does Wizard have an online price quide?

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Price quide??

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a price guide for original SW comics??

Price quide help.

I wanted to know where you guys get current prices for vintage comics?

Question Lots o' threads on this topic!

Sorry, JMS. It seems we haven't been able to help you. On the rare times I check for prices, I use Wizards magazine. Haven't noticed an online one yet.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

LOL I think I posted this a couple times..my bad I forgot. Ok do you have an email addy, address, or number of the magazine publisher so I can get a copy? Where can I get it??

I posted this somewhere else too, on anther thread asking the same question...man, someone must be selling lots of comics!

If you go to the antiques/collectibles section of any Barnes and Noble bookstore, they will have these really, really, really, super thick books that prices nothing but comics and the orginal star wars ones are in there and the last I saw, # was going for about 50 bucks and #107 was about the same. Those were the two most expensive and as BCJ mentioned, they must be mint and first printings

Hope that helps
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!