View Poll Results: How do you like the Episode 2 DVD?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its even better than I expected!

171 39.77%
  • Its as awesome as seeing the movie my first time!

110 25.58%
  • Its OK - about what I expected.

133 30.93%
  • I wish I could return DVDs....

13 3.02%
  • I wont even open it - its for my sealed collection!

3 0.70%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I love this DVD, I found myself watching it like it was the first time. I even had an urge to cheer when it said "A Long Time Ago in A Galaxy Far, Far Away...". I really like the deleted scene at Padme's parent's house. Too much to mention, I like everything.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Here is something weird that happened -- maybe JJB can explain.
    When I first put disk one into the machine -- I let it just play out -- I saw the "ATTENTION" message and the "Starwars Flash -- ATOC" -- then it went to the speeder chace scene where obi anakin, and zam were going to pass through the energy bars -- this is what my "Menu" window looked like. I ejected the disk and put in disk two for a sec -- looked around -- and placed disk one back in the player. This time -- my menu window changed to where the the fighter comes out of hyperdrive and I get the kamino place -- Am I crazy -- I cant the other to appear.

Also -- I was looking on disk two and there was a menu that started with the assisn droid drawing a large green box and it gave you a "menu window" of something -- I can no longer find it either. Am I finding little windows -- or am I really just crazy??

Please Help??
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

I went to TRU for the 9.99 deal and all they had left was fullscreen at the 2 stores I visited. Went to Target and found a wide screen, it was 15.99 but they WOULD NOT price match! Aw well, I coulda wasted 5 bucks in gas for the trip to WalMart and got the better deal, but who cares, it is in my hands now.
    "So I says to him, I says..."

Love the discs! The picture and sound quality is excellent. Colors were jumping out at me that I didn't even know were THERE in the theatrical prints (I never saw it digitally). I especially love the changes in the movie proper (spoiler warning to those who haven't watched it yet):

Padme now reassures Anakin as he's breaking down in the garage that "to be angry is to be human," to which Anakin replies that he's a Jedi and shouldn't feel that way.

As Padme is getting up in the sand and the Clone Trooper asks if she is okay, she now says "uh-huh" instead of "YES!" (This change was also in the IMAX version). Many people (including me) thought that her response in the theatrical version sounded a little too phony, so it's good to see someone at LFL decided to redub it.

The deleted scenes we have on Disc 2 are a little mundane. Most of them are just extended dialogue shots that were either left out or shortened for the theatrical release. The most interesting are the scenes at Padme's home, but even these pale in comparison to what COULD have been included: Dooku fighting with two sabers, the speeder bike shot, Threepio getting his coverings from Padme, Obi-Wan getting attacked by Massiffs on Geonosis--the list goes on and on!

And what's up with Mas Amedda's tongue at the end of the senate scene?!?

I bought the DVD yesterday, and I thought it was really good. The menu's are unbelievable, the music and action really brings it together.

I had to run all over town in the rain to find a widescreen EII DVD. By the time I left work(early), 3 Toys R Us stores were all ready sold out of ALL EII DVDs and video tapes. As I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, etc..., I found that most copies of the widescreen DVD were sold out. Most people were price matching with the Toys R us flyer. Finally, I wound up soaking wet at Toys R Us in Times Square. Although their EII DVD stock ran out, they RESTOCKED the shelves. WooooHoooo!!!! I picked up the widescreen DVD for 9.99 and recieved the free silver25th Anniv R2D2 after buying 2 action figures + DVD.
    While it may seem like there is more competition for SW merchandise in a big metropolis like New York City, it's comforting to know that with TRU's flagship store now in the heart of town, the force is still with us!!!

Originally posted by JediBoulton
    Here is something weird that happened -- maybe JJB can explain.
    When I first put disk one into the machine -- I let it just play out -- I saw the "ATTENTION" message and the "Starwars Flash -- ATOC" -- then it went to the speeder chace scene where obi anakin, and zam were going to pass through the energy bars -- this is what my "Menu" window looked like. I ejected the disk and put in disk two for a sec -- looked around -- and placed disk one back in the player. This time -- my menu window changed to where the the fighter comes out of hyperdrive and I get the kamino place -- Am I crazy -- I cant the other to appear.

Also -- I was looking on disk two and there was a menu that started with the assisn droid drawing a large green box and it gave you a "menu window" of something -- I can no longer find it either. Am I finding little windows -- or am I really just crazy??

Please Help??
    There are different menu backgrounds that randomly come up (*if you don't choose to control them).

Slave-One goes to Geonosis
    Obi-Wan lands on Kamino
    Senator Amidala travels to Coruscant and the speeders chase-by.

All have different chapter title menus, etc. It's just a little fun feature put in Star Wars DVD's.

On the Episode One DVD,

the Royal Starship goes to:

Naboo
    Coruscant
    or Tatooine.

It's the same type of feature. It's anybody's guess, but will Coruscant be a location for Episode 3's DVD menu? It would seem likely since a lot has to take place there.

ANH: - Tatooine, Death Star, Yavin (unless they do Blockade Runner and Falcon interiors)

ESB: - Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin (unless they do an asteroid field or a Star Destroyer).

ROTJ: - Tatooine (Jabba's Palace), Death Star II, Endor (unless they do Dagobah and the inside of the Calamari cruiser.

I bet the Falcon or an X-wing will fly you around to all the locations when they make Classic DVD's. Cool, huh?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Awesome quality DVD's! Really happy with them.
    Definitely on par with the TPM DVD's (which is the best DVD release yet IMO).

I really did want them to include the scenes that Jedi Learner was talking about (especially the extended Dooku/Anakin fight).
    Anyone know if they'll ever release these scenes?

BTW: My TRU was sold out in the 1st hour & Best Buy would not price match so I said "screw it" and paid the $15 (well worth it!). Also got the extended edition of Lord Of The Rings, 4 DVD's for $25 = great deal!

I voted that the DVD's are what I expected. I expected them to be great!!!!

I really like the quality and extra features. However, I was hoping that the deleted Geonosis battle scenes would be included. I thought that was one of the reasons why they decided to make the deluxe trooper/speederbike. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be included years from now when Lucas decides to release the "Ultimate Collector's Editions" six-pack with even more stuff you didn't know about for a limited time only. How many times have you purchased the Original Trilogy?

I need your help. I'm really quite embarassed asking this, but I'm having trouble finding two features on the second disc. I cannot find "Film Are Not Released, They Escape" and "R2-D2 Beneath the Dome". I looked for a while, but none of my menu options were offering these. How do you access them? Has anyone else had this problem? If not, I'll really feel like an idiot