View Poll Results: How do you like the Episode 2 DVD?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its even better than I expected!

171 39.77%
  • Its as awesome as seeing the movie my first time!

110 25.58%
  • Its OK - about what I expected.

133 30.93%
  • I wish I could return DVDs....

13 3.02%
  • I wont even open it - its for my sealed collection!

3 0.70%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

How do you like the Episode 2 DVD?

UPDATED:

I got my Attack of the Clones DVD this morning!

It seriously rocks! Wal*Mart is charging only $9.87 for it today, November 12, the first day it's on sale. I suspect they are doing this because they know about Toys R Us' $9.99 price.

This will be TRU's regular price though, and I think Wal*Mart will carry the movie at its regular rate of $14 soon. My 24 hour grocery store (Ralph's) even had the movie last night, but they were charging $22 bucks for it - as they know people will pay!

But though I think the DVD is worth even that price, I was glad to get it for 10 bucks!

I also bought the VHS. It's only available in pan-n-scan but it has a unique "Star Wars Connections" video-overview at the beginning, hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2 in what looks like a Mon Calamari battle cruiser, and it shows scenes from all 5 Star Wars movies. It directly mentions that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, setting speculation that Episode 3 won't reveal that fact blatantly, a little bit of a step back as young kids who have never seen Star Wars will learn what happens in Episode 5 by watching Episode 2. An interesting choice, though not one that applies to the DVD.

Meanwhile, back to the discs, I love the Droid Factory Menu that stomps on Geonosians while you select scenes. He-he-he.

Meanwhile, on Disc 2, check out the documentary on Ben Burt and the sound design for Episode 2 - it's on the "Movies are never finished - sometimes they escape!" title. That was fun to watch and worth seeing!

But here's the poll and the thread - you guys who've got it can really start the discussion going now!

I'll chime in again, I'm sure.

NOTE: My Walmart was not selling them even a minute past midnight. There were some pretty upset Star Wars fans at stores around San Diego county last night! But I had to wait until they opened at 7am today to get my movie. But I did get it and it's a SW holiday so far as I'm concerned!!!

So what do you think of the DVD to Attack of the Clones???
    Last edited by Tycho; 11-12-2002 at 12:12 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I love it, even more than I expected. Great quality, fun features, and I was really excited to watch the flick again after almost 3 months.

I'll be playing with this for a looooong time, and I like the fact that I can now fast forward past the few parts I don't like.

I am extremely impressed with the video quality. I have a TON of DVD's and this is, by far, the best in terms of picture quality. The audio is great too; but TPM had audio just as good. The video is beyond comparison, IMO.

J

Well im speechless...... What an excellent dvd, I enjoyed it better than i did at the pictures (No one talking helps or munching on something LOL) Thankyou to all who made this
    Lewis1977

As with TPM its a well put together DVD Im very happy with it! but.... where is the cut scenes with clones on speeder bikes (makes the deluxe trooper toy look EU ) and the jedi sneaking into the federation ships to disable the droids?? Apart from that its great!

I have had a my copy since Saturday and I can say that I have seen it enough to say it is AWSOME! Great features. The picture quality, sound and effects are just mind blowing! I will wear out my DVD player watching this one.
    "The Negotiator, General Kenobi."

I haven't opened mine up yet since I'm still at school, but I did get it around 7:30 this morning at WM. I didn't even need the TRU flyer; they were just scanning it up automatically for $10.

I expect it will be pretty much the same format as the EP1 DVD which is great because I rate that one as the best in my collection.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Got it at my local super(?) WM @ 12:45 and they Price matched it for $9.99 and I picked up one for my brother and a co-worker...no problem....and I missed the hardcore fans -(bummer since I overslept). It looks and sounds fantastic. The menu options are still not in DD but I am not an audio purist.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I got a guestion -- My TRU was out of the Wide screen version. Other than the little more in view -- is there ANY differences in the wide screen version and the full screen version? Meaning, are there extras that are on the WS version that I cannot get on the FS version.

Also -- do you think that there will be a collectors version released like with EPI ??

Thanks for the help...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

The discs contain the same material. But why in the name of all that is sane and rational would you want to buy a pan/scan copy. Go to Wal-Mart and do a price match and get thee a wide screen copy, please!
    Casual George