Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Breathing"

The trailer was AWESOME!!! BUt all the images where so fleeting that I need to watch it a few more times to try and make sense of them all. However, I think I will wait until it becomes available on the net. Monsters Inc. was alright if a little sappy and overly-sentimental at times; but For The Birds was definitely the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Okay. I've seen it five times now. I'm going back for 6 thru 9 today. I missed shots of a raggedy old Watto with a funnel on his head and a metalic grey 3PO and a shot of R2-D2 in a completely dark room with what looks like a blue laser grid on the floor. Plus my first shot list was completely out of order. But it's cool to hear all the little kids in a sold out show catch their breath at the same time when it comes on the screen. Man I wish I was five years old again, experiencing Star Wars for the first time. Lucky little monkeys.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

isn't it interesting that jar jar wasn't in this trailer? has lucas gotten the message from fans? if first impressions are correct, this film is gonna have that "dark" quality most sci-fi fans have been clamoring for. this is going to make "empire" look like a sunny picnic.

i was very impressed. and though the trailer was short, everything i saw has correctly corresponded with all the spy reports we've read over the last year.

Breathtaking... for the most part!

I went to the 11:30am showing of "Monsters, Inc.", which I thought was GREAT!!!

I was thinking that I picked a theatre that was "naughty" the last go 'round... but after 10 minutes of nonsense... there it was!!!

Awesome!! The only thing I DIDN'T like was the one ship that looked "too Flash Gordon". Otherwise... it ROCKED THE HIZZY!!!

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Breathtaking... for the most part!

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    The only thing I DIDN'T like was the one ship that looked "too Flash Gordon". Otherwise... it ROCKED THE HIZZY!!!
    I really liked that 50's styled rocket, yeah it's very, very FLASH GORDON-ISH but it's still cool looking (for the split second you see it).
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I watched it with Monsters Inc. last night and then I saw the trailer two more times today (once on my break, once while I was working---Shhhhhh ) and it does truly get better and better with each performance. I've noticed little nuances I hadn't seen before. All of this was included in my copious notes, but these are the points others have missed.

Approx. 5 Sec. Later--Cue music. To the best of my knowledge, this is the opening credits track from Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind entitled "Let There Be Light" with short sections of Episode I percussion (from the saber battle) overlayed.

A shiny ship appears to be landing in a desert, assumedly Tatooine. My guess is that this is the cargo sh

Mace Windu is contemplating while Yoda walks away from him (may or may not be CG. I couldn't tell) to greet Padme and her entourage--she's in a costume we haven't seen previously.

The asteroid field seems much more congested than the Empire asteroid field. There are many, many small asteroids.

In the Annie/Obi-Wan shot, Anakin is holding a green lightsaber, presumably his. In the Geonosis fight shots at the end, Anakin is not holding his own green saber but instead is wielding a blue one. Dooku's saber is red.

The logo for E2 is exactly the same as E1--Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The Saga Continues May 2002.

On an unrelated note, the trailer for the E.T. The Extraterrestrial rerelease is fantastic. The glimpses of new scenes with the CG E.T. in them look very well done, and the soundtrack is spectacular. Never will you hear John Williams' music in better quality, and one hopes a complete 2-disc set is released for this momentous occasion. The trailer does give most of the movie away, so those who will be seeing it for the first time in the theater already know what the whole movie is about from the trailer, but that's a small qualm. Greatness in the making.

Peace.

Pretty cool, I have it on my PC now in a fairly good quality and it's not bad for a 30-second preview. The only thing that caught my eye as not fantastical was Jango's ascent, it looked a bit more like something from Lucasarts than Lucasfilm; but that's really minor. It's funny, I was discussing this with Steve, and the one specific moment that stuck with him was the city over the torrential sea, while the one that stuck with me was that ship flying over the desert. I dunno if the ship was TOO Flash-Gordony though, it's one of those things I'll wait to decide upon when I see more of it.

Obi-Wan hanging in mid air, that was wild, I don't know what to make of that, but it looks like a cool shot. I don't think it's a hologram or the Force doing it either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up In a word...

...WOW!

I thought this teaser trailer was much better than the one for EP1. The only letdowns are that, at least for those who haven't followed along for every spoiler, is that I have no freaking idea what was going on for any of the shots as they fit into the whole context of the plot. The other thing I didn't like is that it was only 30-60 long. I hope the dvd.starwars site has more to offer Friday.

I was wondering if the green planet, with the ship flying in to land, was either Naboo or Alderaan. Same with the water city. If it was from Alderaan or another planet.

The best two shots IMO were the troop ship with the thousands of clones walking up the ramp and the one with Jango Fett flying around.

Every shot looks great. A picture here truly is worth a thousand words but what those words are, I guess we'll have to wait.

BTW barada, you must either have seen the trailer in the theatre about a hundred times or have the QTpro version because I can't make JarJar out in the Mace/Yoda/Padme scene at all.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: In a word...

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    BTW barada, you must either have seen the trailer in the theatre about a hundred times or have the QTpro version because I can't make JarJar out in the Mace/Yoda/Padme scene at all.
    He's REALLY tough to spot, mainly because the top of his head is cut off by the camera. But just before the scene changes you can make out his mouth as he dips his head down. It helps to be watching the Quicktime version as you can pause the whole scene and play it back frame by frame.

He is directly behind Padme and he looked sorta greenish in skin tone at first but that could just be his robes.

yes...just pause it and you should see the skin and arms..