Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Breathing"

From looking at the trailer from just a marketing standpoint, it did nothing to entice the viewer. The casual moviegoer will know something about Star Wars, but I doubt they’ll automatically recognize much of the shots as nothing more than eye candy. The trailer has this avant-garde feel to it, as if Episode II will be dark and mysterious (hopefully). Even with Breathing ‘s radical departure, it definitely suffers at the end when the title “Attack of the Clones” appears. How can a film be taken seriously with that name? I digress … However the preview reminds me of the commercial for “Alien,” but I think the “Alien” trailer played off a lot better, creating tension and claustrophobia.

For what’s it worth, it really doesn’t matter as the public will slowly but surely be assaulted by further Star Wars previews as May creeps ever so closer.

As for what we see –

The good: at the moment Hayden Christensen has shown more emotional depth in these few seconds than Jake Lloyd will in a lifetime … Jango Fett jet action… Obi-Wan in stasis has some great lighting … and of course, Natalie Portman.

The bad: C-3PO’s evolution is nothing more than a marketing ploy, why did Lucas ever have to change his unofficial life story? … The current Yoda doesn’t look quite right …

The ugly: The desert Flash Gordon ship is downright awful, completely un-Star Wars … The water city looks like something out of Waterworld… Slave I, asteroid field – am I watching TESB over again … the Battle Droid Army, err -- Clone Army, didn’t we see the same shot in Episode I? And finally, the clone kids in blue – god save us all. I can only hope their emotions are as static as Stormtroopers

Just over half a year before triumph or tragedy awaits.

Snake Plissken
    “A little human compassion”

** hum... Not bad after all the hype it did seem like an anti-climax to just get those few short seconds. Jedinet have some great still shots from the larger version. the jar Jar thing looks to be Senator Orn Free Taa instead. But then we have captain Typho and Bail Organa walking into the shot too which was cool

Loved the Coruscant speeder chase sequence. guess that's Zam Wessel's speeder then judging by the tiny pic of the upcoming LEGO set 'BOUNTY HUNTER PURSUIT' which comes with that same speeder and the Coruscant hotrod.

The clonetroopers looked more stormtrooper-ish than I thought they would. Kinda "** hum..." to that.

Loved the Theed landing field shot. good to see the Palace and the waterfalls again. Liked the freighter ship too. Reminded me of the Hounds Tooth though somehow...

Jango rocks. even if he does use girly little pistols. Boba fett clones looked like they had those deely bobbers on their heads. Remember those damn silly things evertyone used to wear with silly things on springs attached to a headband? Looked like those to me.

the water on Kamino looked a little under generated and the city didn't appear to be doing anything other than be a pasted on image. But maybe it's an unfinished shot?

I know one thing, we won't be getting a toy version of those clonetrooper carriers anytime ever. god they're huge!

Guess we'll have to wait until trailer two comes out for a glimpse of the lovely Shmi, or Owen and Beru. Not to mention Palpy himself and his cronies. Or indeed Chris lee...............

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    the jar Jar thing looks to be Senator Orn Free Taa instead.
    Actually, after looking at it again, Orn Free Taa is behind Jar Jar. The shot on jedinet is a little hard to see but you can catch a glimpse of Free Taa's chin behind what appears to be Jar Jar's neck.

Originally posted by bigbarada

Actually, after looking at it again, Orn Free Taa is behind Jar Jar. The shot on jedinet is a little hard to see but you can catch a glimpse of Free Taa's chin behind what appears to be Jar Jar's neck.
    Holy freak! Have you guys ever thought about working for the FBI in their graphical analysis division?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

OK, I finally saw the still posted on SSG and after looking at it and the trailer again (numerous times) I finally could notice JJ and the chubby senator. I guess I need to see an optomitrist (sp?).

Maybe they're offering up Jar Jar as a sacrifice to appease the angry clones.

One could only hope...
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

If you look close you can see Jar Jar right behind Senator Amidala.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/new...er/Image22.jpg
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.