Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maroon Cobra Commander

Heres the Repaint of Cobra Commander I was talking about awhile back. I finally found the pic again. Has anyone seen it in stores?? If so was it the old school style with the rubberband or the other crappy style?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gi duke and cobra commander (maroon).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	4400  
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

No I haven't seen that repaint, but I have seen the Snake Eyes vs. Cobra Commander. The sculpts seem a bit different (better) and they have interactive weapons, or something.

I still haven't picked up any of the new GI Joes. I just don't like the sculpts that much. If they were a bit bigger with better sculpts, I'd be all over them.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Yeah I've got both of the Snake Eyes VS. CC versions. I like the newer sculpts with the bands, like the old days, I dont like the bulky type figs w/o the bands. I like the sculpts..they have come out with some VERY good ones in the most recent wave...give em' a try! Maybe you'll like them once you open them

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

They started making them with rubber bands again? Neat! I wonder of the cod pieces will break off as easily on these!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

They havent broke yet for me QLD. You havent seen any of the new figures with the bands??? Check them out!

Are they planning on doing a new cartoon like He-Man? It would be cool!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I've heard rumors but I havent heard anything I'd bet the farm on yet.

Re: Maroon Cobra Commander

Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
    Heres the Repaint of Cobra Commander I was talking about awhile back. I finally found the pic again. Has anyone seen it in stores?? If so was it the old school style with the rubberband or the other crappy style?
    This was a paint varation on the forst wave. They did a repaint to all of the figs in the first line. It is the same fig as the Blue Cobra Commander.

On the rubber band issue, I have the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow pack. They both have rubber bands in them, but they also have a square block on each side, below their waist where the torso meets the lower half, that prevents them from twisting from side to side. I think if you take them apart, you can sand down those blocks, but getting the rubber band back on is a pain.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I never saw it in the store DA...I didnt know it was part of the first wave. Square block? Hummm I dont know what you mean by square block and rubber band. The first ones the came out with that had the solid pelvic area was the first then they brought back the old school style pelvic sculpt with the rubber bands. Are yo saying that if I take apart my square block crappy versions then i will find a rubber band in there??? I want to understand what you are saying

No, what I mean is that I picked up the first wave Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. If you pull their waist slightly, you will see a rubber band in there. But the reason they cannot turn at the waist is because of these 2 little blocks on the left and right side. Hmmmm. let me go take a picture to better show you
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"