Thread: Don Post

Hybrid View

Question Don Post

I saw somewhere that Don Post isnt a licensed with Lucas anymore. Why? I loved his masks and statues. Whos making items like he made now? Rubies (masks)?
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

i may be wrong but i think rubies bought out don post. if they didn't, someone else did.

Really?? Most of the Rubies stuff I've seen is cheap looking while Don Post items were very nice...hummmm

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I believe that it is Rubies. Don Post took a bath on the Ep I line due to non-interest. It helps to have a good movie to help sell your product. It's too bad too. Their Ep I stuff did look really good. My overall favorites were the Deluxe Editions, of which I have two (Vader and Biker Scout). Expensive, but molded from the costume originals. I haven't heard much about what Rubies will do.

If you're really interested in getting quality masks or costumes, you're better off finding some customizers. Start looking at www.501st.com and asking around. Unless it's something really bizarre you're looking for, chances are somebody as already done it and will make you one.

Well, I bought the Plo Koon mask and I have no complaints about it. Then again I'm not knowledgable on the best mask material so I can't say how it will hold up over time.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I contacted 501st awhile back about one of the steps in making stormtrooper armor.

I have masks by both Rubies and Don Post. I'm not saying Rubies is awful...not at all...just my Don POst items are much nicer, more authentic looking, and better built.

I'm an old fan of Don Post myself. I have the Scout Trooper, Boba Fett and X-Wing helmets and am very pleased with them. I wish I got the Stormtrooper helmet when I had the chance.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hey Jay near my Mom's old home there was this 5 and dime type clearance store which had everything but nothing. I bought a Watto Don Post latex there for $5 with the tags still attached and my Stormtrooper helmet for $10 with a dinged up box. I have alot of Don Post items but those are my fav's because we got such a good deal.