Just what we needed! ANOTHER Darth Maul!

There is no heading as yet for the consolodated Star Wars line/imprint (Sir Steve?), so I am posting this here for the time being. I think it is great that the new imprint will give us exactly what I was anticipating, a mix of EII with EI, IV-VI characters. But then they are reverting to their old ways. Why do we need yet another Darth Maul. Certainly Sith Worm will be quite pleased as this will add a new piece to his "Maul Shrine", but what are the rest of us to do?
    Like so many of us, I feel that the resculpt of a character not in need of a resculpt prevents or delays the release of a needed resculpt (Hoth Han, R5-D4, Dr. Evezan, etc.), a contemporary release of a vintage character (Wooof, Imperial Dignitary, Rebel Commander, etc.), or an as yet unproduced character (General Dodonna, Hem Dazon, J'quille, Wald, etc., etc., etc.).
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Thumbs down

A big thumbs down on this one. What in the heck is Hasbro thinking? We've already have what, the OG DM, the .0000 version, DM Tatooine, soft goods, Deluxe DM with the stupid mini lightsaber, Daffy Duck POTJ DM, the one from Masters of the Dark Side, the soon-to-be-release second deluxe version, and now a ninth one? I think there maybe more DMs now than Vaders, and he's been in three movies.

What's this one going to be like? Darth Maul sauna version with towel and sandal accessories so he can relax after his workouts with the sith training droid? Un-freaking-believable!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Yep, I count this to be number 13, if you count that Maul that attached to the lightsaber and you pressed the buttons to make him fight, (anyone know what I mean?), the Holograph Maul, and that Trophy figure. 13 friggin' versions of a character whose total screen time couldn't fill 1/4 of the movie. tsk tsk. It is a pretty neat looking figure, I guess, nice sculpt and all, but this better be the last one. Unless they decide to make that "sauna version" Mandalorian Candidat was talking about, he sounds awesome!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Oh come on there are more than that!!!

Let's see the list:

1. Darth Maul (Jedi Duel)
    2. Darth Maul (Tatooine)
    3. Darth Maul (Sith Lord)
    4. Darth Maul (from Electronic Sith Speeder Game)
    5. Darth Maul (from Sith Speeder)
    6. Darth Maul (from Sith Attack Speeder) Invasion Force Version
    7. Darth Maul (Deluxe with Lightsaber in his Back)
    8. Darth Maul (Tatooine Showdow Cinema Scene)
    9. Darth Maul (Splits in Half from Obi-Wan 2pk)
    10. Darth Maul (with Sith Infiltrator, Trophy Assortment)
    11. Darth Maul (Holograph)
    12. Darth Maul (POTJ Final Dual Splits in Half)
    13. Darth Maul (POTJ Sith Apprentice)
    14. Darth Maul (POTJ Masters of the Darkside)
    15. Darth Maul (POTJ Deluxe "Shirtless Maul")

That's not to mention the BASIC foreign carded variations:

1. Darth Maul (Jedi Duel) with Battle Droid
    2. Darth Maul (Tatooine) with Battle Droid
    3. Darth Maul with Pit Droid (brown)
    4. Darth Maul with Pit Droid (white)
    5. Darth Maul with Pit Droid (orange)

But the last 5 are not re-sculpts!

So Hasbro has given us 15 versions of Darth Maul in all.

Hey Hasbro......get a clue!!!

May the force be with you.

The only thing left to do with Maul is a version pre-tattoos. Strictly speaking nonEU and definately non film but what else can you do with a character who had two costumes and either stood like a dummy or stood in a fighting stance? Young Maul, dead Maul, half rotted Maul, Naked Maul, meditating Maul, Sleeping Maul, going for a pleasant walk in the park Maul, shopping for groceries Maul......?

Originally posted by Fulit
    Yep, I count this to be number 13, if you count that Maul that It is a pretty neat looking figure, I guess, nice sculpt and all, but this better be the last one. Unless they decide to make that "sauna version" Mandalorian Candidat was talking about, he sounds awesome!
    We're talking about the one that is on the list for next year here, right? Not the deluxe version that we've seen.

I saw that list and I'm really wondering. I can't think of any new version of Maul that I'd even be remotely interested in buying. And there's another version of Boba Fett, as well as a Boba/Jango two-pack. I assume the Vader is the one that was supposed to come with the CD-Rom. I just hope the single carded Boba isn't another classic one. On the other hand, I hope there aren't a lot of unnecessary resculpts of EpII Boba Fett either. Looks bad either way.

Does anybody know who Padmesi is? OR is it a typo? I don't want to know if it would spoil the movie.

The only Maul that needs an improvement is the Tatooine version that came carded! Maybe a cloth version
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I agree that DM has been done, redone, reredone and rereredone, although a DM at the bottom of the power generator with "squishy action" might be kind of cool. But isn't that the nature of this line since POTJ2 with the core characters?

If the Tatooine Lukes, Darth Mauls and Darth Vaders got together, they really could rule the galaxy - since they comprise half its population. Just pray they don't make a shirtless Jar-Jar.

Of course, I shouldn't complain. Maybe that's why I've been condemned to spend a year in the land of no star wars action figures......

Thumbs down

I have to agree, why another Darth Maul. What else can they throw at us with him. There is not much more they can do to him. I am not liking this one.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."