Widevision Promos and Wal-Mart.com - well worth the order !

Okay, I ordered a DVD copy of AOTC from WalMart.com just because of those 5 alleged exclusive Widevision cards and I did so with a total roll of the dice because I had no knowledge as to how exclusive they really were, how random they were, etc.

Well, it was TOTALLY worth it ! ! ! :happy:

I was thinking about them all day, hoping, just HOPING that they would be cellophane wrapped (I ordered 2 because a friend wanted one and I wanted to know if we were getting the same cards ) AND maybe specially numbered . . . like with a "W" for Wal-Mart . . . but that was not a serious hope.

Sure enough, they are cellophane wrapped AND specially numbered - W1 thru W5 ! Both sets I received are the same, so it's a nice little subset - they aren't trying to get me to chase after more. Combined with my promo from the Insider and Non-Sport Update ( ) it will make for a nice full page of 6 at the back of my (eventual) Widevision binder.

They are pretty sharp cards, if anyone wants to have a look I can scan them . . but won't post them unless requested since
    a) nobody will read this because
    b) the card section is dead.
    But if you are one of the 3 or 4 people who come here (stillakid, scruffziller, Man Can, r2dee2, etc. --Eternal Padawan to watch the tumbleweeds -- ), they were well worth ordering the DVD online.

As for what I paid, I think I got a deal - it was only 17 and change online, but after shipping it was over 19. In a Wal-Mart store today, I noticed they were charging over 19, so the cards are some cool freebies.
    (note: there are no TRUs within 40 minutes from here, that's why Wal-Mart hadn't cut their price to compete)

Re: Widevision Promos and Wal-Mart.com - well worth the order !

Originally posted by Caesar
    Okay, I ordered a DVD copy of AOTC from WalMart.com just because of those 5 alleged exclusive Widevision cards and I did so with a total roll of the dice because I had no knowledge as to how exclusive they really were, how random they were, etc.

Well, it was TOTALLY worth it ! ! ! :happy:

I was thinking about them all day, hoping, just HOPING that they would be cellophane wrapped (I ordered 2 because a friend wanted one and I wanted to know if we were getting the same cards ) AND maybe specially numbered . . . like with a "W" for Wal-Mart . . . but that was not a serious hope.

Sure enough, they are cellophane wrapped AND specially numbered - W1 thru W5 ! Both sets I received are the same, so it's a nice little subset - they aren't trying to get me to chase after more. Combined with my promo from the Insider and Non-Sport Update ( ) it will make for a nice full page of 6 at the back of my (eventual) Widevision binder.

They are pretty sharp cards, if anyone wants to have a look I can scan them . . but won't post them unless requested since
    a) nobody will read this because
    b) the card section is dead.
    But if you are one of the 3 or 4 people who come here (stillakid, scruffziller, Man Can, r2dee2, etc. --Eternal Padawan to watch the tumbleweeds -- ), they were well worth ordering the DVD online.

As for what I paid, I think I got a deal - it was only 17 and change online, but after shipping it was over 19. In a Wal-Mart store today, I noticed they were charging over 19, so the cards are some cool freebies.
    (note: there are no TRUs within 40 minutes from here, that's why Wal-Mart hadn't cut their price to compete)
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a copy just so I could get those cards. Should be here in a few days. I paid $22.34 ($2.98 S/H and $1.48 tax).

I, too, ordered AOTC from Wal-Mart more than a month ago for the five trading cards.

I admit, I was tempted to return the DVD to Wal-Mart Tuesday night and then buy it again for $10 at TRU but I didn't. I wrote it off as a lesson learned. Who knew in October that the DVD would be sold for so cheap!!

Well look at this foolishness !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=736302720

IT's an eBay auction for these 5 cards sealed in the pack, it currently has 11 bids and is up to $26 dollars !

Why not just order the DVD and the cards for less than that ?

As of Monday morning, the bid is $36.

I have my cards! Whoo hoo! Very cool.

Thanks again for the heads up. This is the best part of these boards. I totally would have missed this promotion otherwise.

No problem, I'm glad you got them.
    It's cool to see that they didn't pull them after the preorder was done - it's nice of them to sell out the rest of their stock.

Less than 4 days to go on that auction, and it's at $41 !!!!!!!!