Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up

I will give you an example, people bought Wuher from the fan club for (i dont remember the exact price) for like 15.00. Then they showed up for 1.97 at Toys R' Us. I am against that. I think it is messed up. If something is an exclusive it should stay that way, the same for something that is rare. That is just my opinion, I know that the majority totally disagree with me.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I would love reissues of most of the later FF, like Zuckuss, Ishi Tib, Piett, etc. whether in the original packaging or a brown paper bag. Keeping some figures more rare than others for collectable purposes is one thing, but having figures that go upwards $20-$30 now just because you couldn't get to Wal-Mart the only day they ever got a Zuckuss in is something else.

You could have the re-issues in a special packaging or something, if you want to keep the collectability factor for the original releases high.

Also, they should come out with army builder cases too. A case full of CT Stormtroopers, case full of POTJ scout troopers, case full of POTJ Sandtroopers, etc. Having an army builder figure become rare is beyond me. I want to have 2-3 Sandtroopers for every one regular char, why they are only shipped 1 per case is beyond me.

Anyway, I think I've just re-iterated the entire thread enough, I'll get going.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Don't get me wrong, if a figure is rare enough to sell for $20.00-$30.00 I have no problem with that!!!

But when a frickin WEEQUAY is selling for $300-$400 THEN we got a problem!!! Even a mere $100.00 for a Sandtrooper, or $50.00 for Boba Fett!!! These things are only a couple of years old!

I understand with VINTAGE! And please don't give me that tired old line that "Nobody was collecting MOMC back then." I have seen WAY too many carded vintage figures to buy into that!

My point is that the newer lines should be made available!!! Heck, Hasbro could do a new Darth Maul and pack him 1 per every 25 cases, just to make 1 valuable figure.
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Don't get me wrong, if a figure is rare enough to sell for $20.00-$30.00 I have no problem with that!!!

But when a frickin WEEQUAY is selling for $300-$400 THEN we got a problem!!! Even a mere $100.00 for a Sandtrooper, or $50.00 for Boba Fett!!! These things are only a couple of years old!

I understand with VINTAGE! And please don't give me that tired old line that "Nobody was collecting MOMC back then." I have seen WAY too many carded vintage figures to buy into that!

My point is that the newer lines should be made available!!! Heck, Hasbro could do a new Darth Maul and pack him 1 per every 25 cases, just to make 1 valuable figure.
    Notice that I didn't even mention the FF repacks because the same figures have been available in greater numbers in the Green cards. I did however forget to mention the Scanning Crew Technician from the Millenium Falcon playset.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Angry Hold on a second...!!!

I have plenty to say about this...

...and I'm glad that Wolfwood319 pretty much said what I will say here!

On one side we have the folks (like myself) who would like to get some of the HTF figures that we are missing without having to file for a second mortgage. On the other side you have the die hard "collectors" who want the rare stuff to stay "rare" (i.e.- expensive).

So... some of the members here feel that the HTF should be re-issued on their original packaging, which would ultimately devalue the item. Others feel that, since they would just like to OWN the item any old packaging would be fine.

I subscribe to the "any old package" thought. I just WANT the missing figures... I couldn't care less about the card. They come off the card anyhow. The original releases would still be worth the money since they would still be (most likely) on their original cards and not the re-issued cards. For those who still would like to find the "original releases"... go on-line and pay the crazy money for them. What's the problem? I think this would, for the most part, make folks happy!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 11-07-2001 at 09:56 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've said many a time I'd welcome the chance to fill some holes in my collection, even if the packaging said My Little Pony.

A Star Wars Classics is a great idea. They could, if they wanted, even change the copyright date on the molds. (Right?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Would you still buy them if the packaging read: Strawberry Shortcake ??

I agree... this still wouldn't diminish the MOMC value for the original releases.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

To Sith_Killer_99:

I bought in 1991 a vintage A-Wing Fighter for 200 $ !!! That was only 6 years after its release !
    When I want to buy now (2001) an X-Wing from 1995, thats 6 years too, I can get it for 10 bucks or so.
    So much for "a couple of years".
    It depends on which figure or vehicle you want. Some are cheap and some are permanently rising in price.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Those figures you mention are all available in much cheaper forms. Let's see, my most recent Brian's Toys catalogue lists them as:

Boba Fett (green card) $12.99
    Sandtrooper (green card) $4.99
    Weequay (green card) $5.99

But I assume you want the Freeze Frames. Well sorry to break it to you; but it's highly unlikely that will ever happen. Hasbro's not going to start the action figure machines churning out old figures and packaging just because a few completists have holes in their collections.

It depends on your definition of "completist" if you are a mint on package collector, then I doubt you'll get them to rerelease specific carded figures. If you just want the figgies, then i see no reason why Hasbro couldn't pump out a few more R2's with Holo Leia, or the last wave of EPI figures, or some more CommTech Stromies (minus the chip of course.) for army builders.

Put 'em in baggies and sell 'em thru the fanclub.