Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Reissue HTF Figures

Wouldn’t it be cool for Hasbro to reissue figures that weren’t produced in big numbers? This will enable those collectors that didn’t have the chance to get them to get a shot at them without paying exorbitant prices. I could care less what packaging they come with, in fact they can just use the same one when they were initially done. Remember at one time, Hasbro came out with solid packs of Stormtroopers, Vaders and even Darth Maul (big mistake! ).

Eopie
    Death Star Troopers
    Darth Sidious holo
    EU Line
    SOTE (except Leia Boushh)
    Euro Pit-Droid two-packs ( just really want the pit droids and their different pack-ins)
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Don't forget the entire last year's worth of E1 product.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

ACPin, were you reading my mind this morning?

I was thinking that very thing as I was preparing to depart for work. Zuckuss (which I am lucky enough to have) was the first figure that popped into my mind in that regard. The idea I had was for Hasbro to take polls periodically to determine the top five previously produced figures that collectors still demand. They could then re-release those figures on the new cards, inserted into the next two to three assortments. After those have been released, start up the poll again, absent the previous top five. Repeat about four times and you will have pretty much managed everyone that we all still want.

As for the Eopie, I think a rerelease is LONG overdue!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

No! Not SOTE!!!

I think this would be a great idea, but the SOTE figures sat around for years! If I saw a Xizor or Chewie Snoova on the shelf these days I'd scream! I don't ever want to see any of those again! But the late 1999/early 2000 figures would make sense, as well as the Death Star Trooper (though I'd prefer a resculpt) and some of the other Freeze Frame figures. I would love to get an Eopie, in whatever packaging Hasbro sees fit, even a brown paper bag with "Star Wars" written in magic marker on it. I'm hoping they release one, and a new Bantha (which I stupidly put off getting again and again) for Episode II.

A "Star Wars Classics" line would be fantastic, taking the best hard-to-find figures from the past and repackaging them and making them easily accessable would be wonderful. Commtech stormies with no chips but with rifles and wrist articulation, Death Star Trooper with better-posed legs, Zuckuss without the ridiculous split-cape syndrome and able to hold weapon better, etc.. And since there's no design costs involved here, the price could even be lower (or more likely, Hasbro's profit margin here would be higher).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am totally against that. I hate when things are re-issued. It takes away from the line when things are done so. If something is rare, it should stay rare. Is some figures are resculpted fine, but none should be re-issued.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Why should it stay rare? Ideally, shouldn't everyone who wants a figure be able to get as many as they want?

SOTE was almost completely rejected by most fans. I was talking to a Wal-Mart toy manager way back in 96 and he said that retailers had been complaining so much about SOTE taking up space that Hasbro gave them permission to return any unopened cases. Incidentally he was in the aisle stuffing SOTE figures back into their case and taping them shut. So, please don't even ask to bring back the MOST unsuccessful line of Star Wars toys EVER.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Exclamation

Originally posted by JediCole
    ACPin, were you reading my mind this morning?
    I was thinking that very thing as I was preparing to depart for work.
    Great minds think alike!
    Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi
    I think this would be a great idea, but the SOTE figures sat around for years! If I saw a Xizor or Chewie Snoova on the shelf these days I'd scream!
    I don't remember the SOTE being pegwarmers in my area ever.
    Originally posted by evenflow
    I am totally against that. I hate when things are re-issued. It takes away from the line when things are done so. If something is rare, it should stay rare. Is some figures are resculpted fine, but none should be re-issued.
    Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi
    Why should it stay rare? Ideally, shouldn't everyone who wants a figure be able to get as many as they want?
    I would have to agree with Obi-Dan Kenobi in this case. There's a difference when rarity is due low supply rather than a variation. Ideally, all figures should really be available to those who'd like to buy them.
    Originally posted by JediTricks
    A "Star Wars Classics" line would be fantastic, taking the best hard-to-find figures from the past and repackaging them and making them easily accessable would be wonderful. Commtech stormies with no chips but with rifles and wrist articulation, Death Star Trooper with better-posed legs, Zuckuss without the ridiculous split-cape syndrome and able to hold weapon better, etc.. And since there's no design costs involved here, the price could even be lower (or more likely, Hasbro's profit margin here would be higher).
    In the best interest of the collectors wanting the reissues, there shouldn't really be any changes to the figures or packaging. All Hasbro has to do is just repack these figures together and just sell them, maybe through the Fan club?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Sorry guy's I gotta disagree with you......to a point.

I think Hasbro SHOULD re-issue some of the older figures!

However, the HTF (EXPENSIVE!!!) figures should be put out in original packaging. This really only applies to the Freeze Frame line and the EU line!

Hasbro should re-release ALL of the Coll. 3 figures!!!

To include the Fan Club 4, Death Star Trooper, and REE YEES!

As for the more common POPLUAR figures, I can deal with re-sculpts!

However, Hasbro needs to get a clue!!! If you have a figure that is extremely popular, for example Stormtroopers, then you should have enough common sense to ship solid cases of that figure. There was absolutly NO REASON Hasbro should not have shipped the CT Stormie in solid cases!

The original POTF2 Stormtrooper sold VERY well, even 99-00 when KB got cases of the Stormtrooper waves! They couldn't keep 'em on the pegs!

If a figure is THAT popular MAKE MORE!!!

High demand+small supply= LOST REVENUE for Hasbro!!!

VERY STUPID!
    May the force be with you.