Question Ep. II DVD Audio glitch?

I picked up a copy at TRU's 9.99 event. Just after Jango comes out of light speed outside the asteroid belt and before Obi comes onto the scene there was a brief skip in audio and maybe a millisecond video jump. Did anyone else notice this or is it just my copy? A manufacturing defect?

Probably a manufacturing defect, mine had the same problem when Obi-Wan came into the scene, but the picture also froze up until I skipped to the next scene. I returned mine for a new one today, which is much better than the first one I bought; no problems with this one. I would return it just in case if I were you.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Nope, that's the layer change. Dual Layer DVD's are made by sandwiching together two thin sheets of the metallic section that holds the data. It allows the discs to hold more data, but also requires the laser to refocus to continue playback. So occassionally you get a small pause while the laser moves to the next layer of the disc. Some players bearly show a blip at these points, some actually can lock up. It all depends on how sensative to layer changes your player is.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

My region-free/code-free player does that from time to time. I'll have to watch for that. My Sony doesn't do that, though.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My player is strange. It hardly does anything on the layer change on new DVDs, but once I have the DVD for a while it starts to do the slight pausing thing. Its not doing anything on my AOTC DVD yet, it will soon though !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

A Real Oopsy

Check out Obi's fighter at the following frames:

1:11 the Republic symbol is clear and the fighter is relatively undamaged and clean

1:22 the same shot, but the symbol is obscured, blast marked and charred

oopsy, um maybe the geonosians were throwing flaming rocks at the fighter while Obi was playing in the factories...yeah, that's it...
    I have a bad feeling about this...

Mine skipped a beat then also, but it's good to know why!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram