Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falumpaset

Falumpaset

I can't remember whether this was intended to be a store exclusive. I've never seen one at retail in all of the stores that I go to when it was initially released. Fortunately KB had them during the clearance sales and I was able to snag a few. I still would have liked it better if it wasn't stuck in the same pose. I do like the Gungan Warrior that came with it.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

I agree about the articulation (or lack thereof) on the Falumpaset. It is unfortunate that you don't get more for you money with that one. It does look nice standing next to my Fambaa, however.
    As for the Gungan that comes with it, don't you mean the half-Gungan? Those of you who have this beast will understand.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I never came close to getting a Falumpaset. I would have really liked to have one for my Gungan Warriors. Anybody have an extra one they would be willing to part with?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Thumbs up

I picked one up a while ago. I admit it is not the best of pieces, but it is cool to have. It was one of those things that did not see very much light of day.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    I never came close to getting a Falumpaset. I would have really liked to have one for my Gungan Warriors. Anybody have an extra one they would be willing to part with?
    I know that eBay is often considered the haven of scalpers, but I found my Falumpaset on an eBay auction and paid about $22.00 including shipping! It takes patience and a determination to set your maximum price and stick to it, but it can be done. You may have to bid on a dozen auctions over a couple of months, but you will probably come out better in the end than paying etailer prices or buying one at a show. Just today I saw one auction for a Falumpaset that was still at $10.00 and another auction that was only at $30.00 for the Falumpaset, Jabba w/Two-Headed Announcer, Sneak Preview STAP w/Battle Droid, Obi-Wan w/Mini Sub, Darth Maul w/Sith Attack Speeder (the EUesque thing), and the Luke and Leia Speeder bikes!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

The falumpaset took me by surprise. I didn't know it had been released at all when i saw one in a comic store and picked it up for 40. A fe months later they were everywhere I looked for 10. Now they are going for about half that on a lot of sites.
    It's a nice creature though undersized and underarticulated *cough cough* The Gungan half is the top half of the Gunga warrior from the Fambaa. Who in turn has the legs from the carded Gungan warrior.
    I bought a second one to give to my nephew for xmas but then I bought a load more stuff at rock bottom prices in an amazinf deal so I may keep the Falumpaset myself.... god I'm cruel

I rather like the falumpaset. It has its problems...a few actually...but its a nice peice in terms of sculpting. I like the wagon and how it can hold that energy orbs, neat little contraption I think.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    Do you feel lucky? Check out my friends at TheJawa for the giveaway that I've sponsored with this beast as the prize.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Re: Falumpaset

Originally posted by ACPin
    I can't remember whether this was intended to be a store exclusive. I've never seen one at retail in all of the stores that I go to when it was initially released. Fortunately KB had them during the clearance sales and I was able to snag a few. I still would have liked it better if it wasn't stuck in the same pose. I do like the Gungan Warrior that came with it.
    My hunch was right after all, this beast was a WalMart exclusive. Check this link to the Hasbro site.
    Falumpaset
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Originally posted by ACPin
    My hunch was right after all, this beast was a WalMart exclusive. Check this link to the Hasbro site.
    Falumpaset
    It was sold here at the evil TRU stores!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious