Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I was lucky enough to have happened to flip over just as the latest South Park take on Christmas began to air. I keep forgetting to watch these days! Needless to say it is difficult to say if this or the episode that featured Mr. Slave assisting Mr. Garrison in the classroom was the most irreverent!

I was glad to get to see it reaired as it will certainly be one of my favorites of all time. It was so wrong on so many levels that it shines out above most. The rejuxtaposition of the meaning of Christmas was brilliant. The sacrilegious elements were the best ever dared on television! And of course, it is always a treat to see Mr. Hankey return for the Holidays. It sure wasn't very Christmasy of the Iraqui soldiers to mistreat Santa like that! I will have to finally get around to renting "Black Hawk Down" as I suspect that the crash of the sleigh is a shot-for-shot reproduction of a crash sequence in that film. Especially given the use of "Red Sleigh" as a call name. The Poo-Choo Train was delightfully disgusting and Cartman was more Cartman-esque than we've seen him in quite some time. And perhaps Jimmy's rendition of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" will appear on a future South Park CD, in it's entirety! That would certainly kill more time on an album than "American Pie" (unless sung by Jimmy).

As for the seemingly apparant return of Kenny, why not? Death was always just a setback for the plucky kid in the too-tight parka. It will be good to have him back in the fold.

And of course on the initial Wednesday night airing of the episode, I really enjoyed the further treat of a reairing of Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics! That has the single best rendition of the Carol of the Bells EVER! Most of the songs were great, but for me the terribly irreverent Christmas song by Satan will always be a holiday favorite. Especially given the timing of the original airing relative to JFK Jr.'s death (if memory serves). But at the same time, reportedly Anne Murray really wanted to sing "Blame Canada" on Oscar night, despite it's inflamatory remark about her, so perhaps the Kennedy family saw the tounge-in-cheek nature of the lyric and took it all in stride.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

DANG!!!!!!!!!

SP just gets more hilarious all the time. I loved the whole Chris Reeve thing switcheroo.

I was eating some Taco salad and about sputtered it all over my SW collection when Jimmy said

"I'm cool like a fool in a swimming

PPPPPPFFTTPPPFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!

pool."

No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Okay, what did I miss? When did this show again become the funniest on TV? Seriously, about a year or two again, I quit watching because it had gotten so godawful bad, and the last few episodes I've seen were hilarious!

I was surprised to see a funny episode centered around Timmy. I'd thought before that his introduction was the beginning of the end, since at first he just wasn't funny at all.

Okay, who wants to catch me up to speed on a few developments while I wait for DVD releases of the last couple of seasons?

1) Who or what is Towelie?

2) Is Chef still around? How about Mephesto and Kevin, or Officer Barbrady? (Yeah, Barbrady showed up briefly last night, but does he talk anymore?)

3) What's the story on Kenny "permanently" dying, then showing back up again? And why does he no longer die every episode?

4) Wasn't Saddam Hussein killed a gazillion times and ended up in Heaven with the Mormons?

5) Did Jesus get killed in Somalia rescuing Santa, or do I have some bad info?

6) Butters a super-villain? Someone's got to clue me in on this!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Butters a super-villain? Someone's got to clue me in on this!

Kneel before Professor Chaos......
    http://sp24-7.harbucks.com/grabs/606/chaos55.jpg

Since the kids booted him out in favor of Timmay, as a replacement for Kenny, Butters has his new supervillian persona.

Professor Chaos tries to bring chaos and confussion to the world.

Like when he tried to flood the world with his garden hose....
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

YEA!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I agree, for awhile there SP was getting boring so I quit watching as well.

But after tuning back in the past couple months, it's just as good, if not better than the first seasons. As an added bonus, it's now on 3 nights a week with a new episode every wednesday.

SWEEEEEEEET.

I know there's a DVD set of the first seasons, I see the ad on Comedy Central all the time, but is it available in stores?

Originally posted by scruffziller

"I'm cool like a fool in a swimming

PPPPPPFFTTPPPFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!

pool."

http://sp24-7.harbucks.com/grabs/702/crip46.jpg

"Maybe they meant they wanted snacks, yes, let's get them Gingerale and Marshmallows."

Loved the whole CRIPS thing. This episode made me laugh out loud for a change.

Bestbuy.com has Season one for $29.99 w. free shipping. It's also at the stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/produc...270&e=11177812

Season two is available for pre-order

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/produc...270&e=11214281
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Cool, there's a Best Buy just down the street from my house, guess I'll have to stop in on the way home tonight.

Thanks.

And on April 15th

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/produc...270&e=11204412

Sorry Mrs., you can't park your van on the diving board.

That's not a van, that's my son.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!