Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick, hide! Rebecca Gayheart is back on the road!!!

That's right, the woman who last year ran over a child while she was on the cellphone and speeding around stopped cars and a few months after that on the same street totalled my family car while eating a bowl of cereal has apparently gotten her license back (it was suspended for at least a year for killing that child). I just got a call from my mom - whose car (the replacement for the one Ms. Gayheart slammed into) is on that same street in Hollywood again - who said that while she was crossing said street, who should be speeding up the street while angrily talking on the cellphone? You guessed it, Rebecca Gayheart. So everybody run lest you be this actress/model's next victim!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What the... If she was that imcompetent behind the wheel and ended up killing a kid, why wasn't she arrested?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

she was and went to trial and is now unfortunately free.

I think this whole thing is part of the reason California has been putting a measure on the ballots for the last 3 years to make it illegal to talk on the phone while driving. I believe in NY, it is illegal, at least that's what I heard on Howard Stern. I think it is a great idea! Some people don't understand that one, driving is a privilege, not a right and two, it takes way more concentration than we seem to think!

I feel really bad for the family that lost their little boy as this was more than an accident!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

WHAT?????? She killed this young boy????No jail time? Got her license back?
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Isn't she also a big druggie too? I recall reading that somewhere.

If there are any laws that are on the books that are very lenient towards criminals, they are any drunk driving/vehicular manslaughter laws. Some people get off with just a slap on the wrist. A darn shame.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Deo, she wasn't arrested, she was charged by the LA district attorney with "misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter" 3 or 4 months after she killed the kid, to which she pled no-contest and got 1 year suspended license, 3 years probation, and had to produce several PSAs. The LA DA charged her the same day she slammed into our car.

Last year in June, she was driving her friends' SUV up Bronson in Hollywood while on the phone, some cars in the right lane had stopped to let the little boy coming home from school cross the street, she apparently assumed they were stopping for some other reason and went into the middle lane at her current speed (which was above the speed limit, according to the eye witnesses), she hit the boy and apparently didn't even immediately know she had done it. The LA DA wasn't sure what to charge her with and took a long time to decide if they were gonna charge her at all.

Then, on October 1st of last year, she was barrelling down the same street (it's called Canyon past a certain point) in a rented Mazda 626 and was speeding and eating a bowl of cereal, lost control and plowed the car into our Blazer pushing the rear axle up and forward over a foot! She then spun around and sideswiped the front of the Blazer and the Volvo that was parked in front of it, bounced off the 2 cars and flipped the Mazda. She got away with only bumps and scrapes, called her assistant, and when the assistant showed up, left the ambulance and the scene before the police arrived, leaving her upside-down car (with cereal everywhere) in the middle of the street and the assistant to give out her insurance info.

BTW, I looked it up, she pled no-contest on Nov 27th, 2001, so she nearly ran down my mom today while still with a suspended license. I'm trying to convince my mom to tell the DA and/or cops. This woman should NOT be driving anymore!

So beware, run, hide, and watch out for...
    THE TERROR THAT STALKS THE STREETS!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Doh! I saw her stupid head on the news surrounded by police and such and just assumed she'd been arrested since she did KILL somebody! I can't believe she only got a slap on the wrist...wait, yes I can, as that happens all the time in the CJS!

I can't BELIEVE she's still doing what she's doing! That totally blows my mind. If your mom doesn't call the DA, you should take a stab at it or anyone else in that area that sees her! Especiallly since she's on probation!!!

I wish you guys the best around there, seriously.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Wait...they dont know she was driving the vehicle that hit your Mom??? Why hasnt your Mom said anything? I dont understand.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

JMS, my mom was not hit.

Last year the family car was hit by Rebecca "Maddog" Gayheart only a few minutes before we were about to get in.

Today, Maddog was on the same street in almost the same place speeding and NEARLY hit my mom who was crossing the street. Ms. Gayheart's license is still suspended for 2 more weeks, yet she was driving... irresponsibly as usual.

I don't get how Rebecca Gayheart can run a child down in the streets and get a quiet misdemeanor charge and a slap on the wrists while Winona Ryder shoplifts a few items from Sacks and gets this mega trial.

Why didn't you file a civil suit?
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"