Dog slobber on my Bantha question

I have a Basset Hound named Earl, and 2 Banthas (loose). I came home from work the other day, and Earl had managed to snag one of my Banthas off a shelf and had played with it a little. No teeth marks, mind you, but lots of slobbery Bantha hair, especially about the hindquarters. Well, being the generally lazy husband, I put the Bantha back on the shelf, where it has languished for 2 days; meanwhile, the dog slobber has dried to a clear, shiny shell.

How should I go about cleaning it? Soap and water, what?

How about some doggie shampoo! After all it is "real feel" hair

Seriously though, I'd use warm water and a cloth, and just gently wipe the hair off, something that won't leave lil' bits of itself in the hair.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Sorry about the misfortune Twodot Tatooine,
    at least your dog knew not to chew on the Bantha.
    Personally, I'd hate to see a heard of Tusken's when there prized ride got a bit damaged. Although I suppose I could just put my hood up and they'd all run away, hmmmm...
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Try woolite, it's very gentile, and I hear they use it to clean sheep for sheep contests.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I hear they use it to clean sheep for sheep contests.
    JT hears the weirdest things........

Well I ended up soaking the rear end of the Bantha in question in a sink, with some Alberto V05. It worked pretty good, got all the dried slobber off, but the after the hair dried it seems a little "fluffier" than it was before the incident.

Maybe I need to apply some conditioner...

I wouldn't suggest monkeying with it any further, just let mother nature do her magic and in a few weeks, if the weather gets foul it'll probably be just how you want it.

It's not that weird a thing to hear.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just glad it worked out well for you!

Oh the troubles of being a SW collector eh?!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

sheep contests....hahahaha
    too funny
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D