Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ephant Mon is a smelly bastage!

Man, I just freed this thing from its packaging and it smells worse than a wet wookiee! ...worse than the Death Star's trash compactor! ...worse than Lucas' beard 3 days after all-you-can-eat night at the Sizzler! (Ok, that was cheap and wrong ) But this thing smells sooooooo bad, originally I thought to myself "it smells worse than any previous SW figure, like a McFarlane figure"... and upon reflection, with good reason. This figure's materials appear to be almost identical to the ones used to make mid-series (like series 4 through 15 maybe) Spawn figures, and the design appears to match. I wonder if there wasn't some cross-company assistance on this big boy.

Anyway, the point is, this figure stinks pretty bad. Oh, and his "secret" knife holder is a hole on the front of his bare leg, not the most secret of spots.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

YES!!!!!!!! I am VERY glad to hear that. I love sniffing my figures, and I can't wait to smell Ephant Mon. This makes me want it even more...
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the Sniff you mouse droid thread?

I still haven't got Ephant Mon yet. I heard he is stinky. I think the worst so far is the Saga Royal Guard. That dude is FUNKY!
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Re: Ephant Mon is a smelly bastage!

Originally posted by JediTricks
    worse than Lucas' beard 3 days after all-you-can-eat night at the Sizzler! (Ok, that was cheap and wrong )
    Besides if you look on the DVD documentarys he's lost weight and McCallum's gained. What, it was that noticeable! I swear... ok.

Try putting him near a vent or something, he should air out after awhile. 'Course alot of the figures seem to keep the smell a little but definitely not as bad as it is when they're freshly out.

Maybe the dagger being able to hang on to his leg is supposed to simulate hairs that he tied together as a hidden sheath.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

That smell can't be good for you surely. I nearly passed out on the fumes when I opened my Ephant Mon. As to the cross company help thing, I thought Hasbro Star Wars team had already poached sculptors from McFarlane and that's why all the figures suddenly got more detailed, got more pre-posed and got to be shoddier in the production stages. I'm sure i read a report about a year ago that said there were ex McFarlane people working on our toys now. I could be mistaken so i won't state it as fact but I do recall something fishy making me angry at the time because i reasoned that the toys would change too much and not fit in with the older stuff...... hey, guess what......!!

I'll bet Ephant is smelly. All that paint!

I've noticed that George has lost weight. McCallum looks the same to me.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Golly! I can't wait to get my Ephant Mon!

Yes, George appears to have dropped a ton... and Rick packed that on and THEN SOME! Yow!!! CG Jabba? I think not! Let's use ol' Rick!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well..At least Ephant Mon cant get stuck up ones nose

JP,Good idea to use Rick as Jabba!Just think of all the money LucasFlim would save. Plus,whats up with Ricks hair,one side is nice..the other is all..poofy.Needs hairgel
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I know! I thought MY head was one massive, unruly cowlick... this guy has a way of making me feel better about myself!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Shouldn't this thread be merged with the Sniff you mouse droid thread?

I still haven't got Ephant Mon yet. I heard he is stinky. I think the worst so far is the Saga Royal Guard. That dude is FUNKY!
    Don't worry, I'm certain Tycho will see this thread sooner or later.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection