Page 104 of 188 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1874
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    (mike looks at the pic of Aragorn w/ Brego and begins to recite Aragorns speech from the ROTK trailer) Yeah, it's that bad; thats' how many times i've watched it!

Those look really really good, Jpak!! I"m also glad to see that those Scorpion King figures FINALLY proved their worth: providing accessories for much superior figures!! The other figure on the warg, what line is he from? He looks very LOTR like!! I like to think he's one of those cheap rip off lines of figures you see when figures get hot. LIke he's from the "Ruler of the Rings" line from toyblitz or something kooky like that!
    Yo JMG, thanks!

Yeah man, I'm obsessed w/LOTR also.... My GF keeps giving me a hard time 'cause I keep watching the flicks (I just don't get tired of these flicks!), buying the toys, & reading the books (About halfway through the Hobbit right now).

That other figure is from McFarlane's "The Viking Age" line. He's the resculpted/repainted "Berserker the Troll". I'm always on the hunt for Orc fodder from other lines, ToyBiz just hasn't made enough orcs IMO.

I'm reading The Two Towers now, I've passed the point where the movie ends. Almost done!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I have been reading The Hobbit as well. It has been a great book so far! I am on page 102. I hope Peter Jackson makes The Hobbit into a movie. It could be the prequel to FOTR!! Does anyone else want to see this happen besides me??

I found the 11" talking Gollum at TRU yesterday. I played with him because he has "try me" buttons. The best line is when he sings the "fish song". So cool! I want one but retail is $19.99 at TRU. I'd rather have Sauron. I am going to buy him one day (Sauron).
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader
    I have been reading The Hobbit as well. It has been a great book so far! I am on page 102. I hope Peter Jackson makes The Hobbit into a movie. It could be the prequel to FOTR!! Does anyone else want to see this happen besides me??
    I think pretty much everyone would like to see it happen, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. From reading interviews, it would seem PJ is a bit burned out on LOTR for now (who can blame him!). I'm simultaneously excited and bummed about ROTK in Dec. Once it's done, no more Lord of the Rings movies to look forward to.

At least we'll still have Star Wars, though I'm mostly just looking forward to getting the dang thing over with.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Mew Line recently announced that they had the rights to The Hobbit, but they don't know if Peter Jackson will be directing it yet

As far as a Hobbit movie goes, if they can't get Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving or Ian Holm to come back, don't even bother.

Anyways, I saw the AOME Riders Series 2 at Target today!

I don't know, I think there'd be many possible uses for the license. A good new animated version might go over well, a live action movie certainly would (though as posted above, might meet with some animosity if the cast couldn't/wouldn't do it), as would a made for TV miniseries I think - provided it was handled properly (ie by HBO).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Oh! How could I forget? I found a couple of cases of 11" Talking Gollum at Media Play last night. He's $21.99 and comes with both Gollum/Smegol heads as well as a rock base and fish. Theres 2 buttons on either side of the base- one for Gollum and the other for Smegol phrases. Both say a LOT including Gollum's fishing song. Thus is a must buy! I know I'm going to get one- but I'm fighting the urge.

Yeah, I recently found out that New Line has the license. Hmmm...wonder if PJ will end up doing it or not. I guess only time will tell.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Hey! I got one of those talking Gollums yesterday, very cool! I was convinced that I wasn't going to buy one of these since it's not in scale with any other LOTR figures. But when I had it in front of me, I just couldn't resist. It was just too damn cool to pass up. Found at TRU for $19.99. They also had the 11" rotocast Legolas & Aragorn figures for $9.99. These look nice, I may get some just to swap the heads with the 12" ToyBiz figures. These roto's have great likeness, but the previous 12er's really sucked IMO.

Also got a few of wave 2 AOME horse/rider figs at Target.... another line that I wasn't going to buy. But like I said before, just can't seem to resist any new LOTR .

Today I found 2 Elronds at KB for the low price of $5.99. Sweet!! Check those KB's!

Last bit-o-news, here's a link to a supposed pic of the Armored Witchking. Although I'm not really convinced it's legit, anyone know for sure?

http://popcornlive.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=4241