Page 113 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1874
    I would like an Isuldur and a Prologue Smegol.

All my stores are fully stocked with LOTR figures which is great. Did everybody get a ROTK Gandalf the White? He's the HOT figure now.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Jayspawn- Yeah, i scored two Gandalfs; one through amazon and the other through KBtoys. Are you still in need of him? Lemme know so when i hunt and i stumble upon him, i can pick him up for ya!

Also, i would LOVE an Isildur and Prologue Smeagol; maybe a two-pack Deagol and Smeagol w/ boat; that would be kinda cool. I'd also like to see a:

ROTK Arwen (in her, uh, "End of movie" attire- non-spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet)
    Rivendale Elrond
    Mount Doom Frodo
    Maybe a beast pack- Fell Beast w/ Ringwraith
    SHELOB!!!
    Also, i think maybe a "Grey Havens" set would be amazing; that boat with all the characters at that scene. It would probably be pretty pricey, but if done right, would be amazing nonetheless.

All those would rule! cheers!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 12-20-2003 at 01:54 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I see Arwen is posted on the list for supposed case assortments but was wondering if it would be a reissue of the horse and rider version without bendy legs or an all new figure? Im leaning towards it being a reissue.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Kool Aid- here is a pic of the Arwen figure and yeah, it pretty much is a repack w/ the bendy legs. I still plan on snaggin' her though. cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arwen.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	7257  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Thanks for the pic, it looks like she has a sword now. I dont recall if that was included in the horse and rider version i have but i will pass on her.

Ive seen the There and Back again 5pack at Walmart for about $29. Im debating whether or not to go for it.

Of the rest of the list the only ones i anticipate looking for are another PEW and CB Uruk Hai.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I wish ToyBiz would just make a new TTT or ROTK Arwen. The Fellowship figure is neat -but waayy too tall.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

JMG got it right, Arwen in a dress from the ending would be the one to make. I'd love to get most of the single carded figures you mentioned, now that I think about it JMG. Thanks for the KB offer, I'd have to paypal you and let you charge it. The problem is they won't accept my card because I have a Canadian billing address. I tried to charge a few things to me and shipp them to my brother in Cleveland, but they wouldn't go for it.

There is a smaller scale Prologue set Isildur, Sauron and Elendil coming I believe, there were some pics posted in here of it not too long ago. OF the trilogy figures I'll be looking again for Galadriel and likely Arwen, depending on what I think of her. I like the "There and back again" set, but am not going to drop the 40 bucks to get Bilbo. I think the Bilbo I actually want is the FOTR one, but Im not hell bent on it.

Having freed my Crossbow Uruks from their packages, I must say they make an awesome addition to any army. Huge and sturdy, they tower above my Berzerker Uruks. Great figure.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Angry

Half the figures they made look like complete crap! Considering they are bigger than SW figures, they bear little or no resemblance to the actors. My boss and I had a conversation about this today. She is really disappointed in them. *shrug*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

For some reason, I have never been able to get seriously into collecting the LOTR figures. I'll buy the occasional one here and there (like the ultracool "mini" Treebeard figure who is actually in perfect scale to SW figures); but I just can't get too excited about new releases.

Probably because the films are so satisfying on their own that I don't feel the need to supplement them with toys. Most likely because the figures are too big and are generally pretty crappy.

The Armies of Middle Earth series seems like a great idea, I just wish they would stop trying to paint eyeballs on a figure that's less than an inch high. It gives them a perpetual surprised look which is pretty annoying.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    Half the figures they made look like complete crap! Considering they are bigger than SW figures, they bear little or no resemblance to the actors. My boss and I had a conversation about this today. She is really disappointed in them. *shrug*
    I would agree with this assessment as far as the figures of Aragorn go, but the figures of the other characters are very close in my eyes. Eowyn's face is such a beautiful sculpt on both figures, it looks better than the actress. The Hobbits' faces look a little too "made up" (ie bright lips and rosy cheeks) but the structures are close. Legolas in Rohan Armor is about as close to Orlando Bloom as you'd ever want in a figure of that scale, and Boromir looks quite like Sean Bean (though he's a little pale).

For the most part, I'd say they've done a remarkable job with the likenesses.

Big B - I hear you about the AOME. Just can't get too excited over them, and lord knows I tried. The dark rider figure I did buy is pretty cool, though it doesn't really do anything.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008