Page 120 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1874

SSG newbie, BIG lotr fan!

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to say hi. I'm a huge collector of ToyBiz LOTR & have everything from FOTR, TTT, & ROTK. Now it's on to the Trilogy line!

Check your Suncoast stores if you haven't already. I went to my local one last night and made a pretty good score:

King Aragorn
    Pippin in Armor
    Gandalf the White (repaint)
    Gandalf the Grey (repaint, cloth cloak)
    Strider (horse figure rehash)

They had a bunch of others as well (Eowyn, Gimli, FOTR & TTT Legolas, etc...), but I had to limit myself as they were $6.99 each. I've also scored some good trilogy figs at Target lately (Boromir, ROTK Legolas, Harad archer, etc..).

Good luck with your hunts! And here's to hoping that ToyBiz makes a Gothmog figure someday

Howdy, nice to see a new face on the forums. Looks like you scored some cool figures. But i try to avoid buying toys from Suncoast due to the mark up, unless its something that i dont think ill be seeing again (such as the Red ARC trooper i need to go back for) or its hard to find at regular retailers. And i agree, a Gothmog figure would be nice.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

welcome! are you from san fran valley? or san fernando valley?

neways nice finds....cant find the FOTR trio figs besides witchking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brainiak76
    welcome! are you from san fran valley? or san fernando valley?

neways nice finds....cant find the FOTR trio figs besides witchking!!
    Thanks for the welcome Kool-aid & Brainiak!

I'm in the San Fernando Vally, SoCal. Keep checking, the trilogy figures are bound to show up for you soon! I'm still wanting the trilogy Arwen w/Hadhafang (SP?) pretty badly..... Only a matter of time...
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 01-18-2004 at 02:37 AM.

I got the Harad Archer and Galadriel in Trilogy packaging today, my first. Im really loving ToyBiz doing this, what better way to have an AFFORDABLE second chance at some of those tough figures I wanted but didn't get along the way. Im thrilled, and the price (12.99 CDN at the comic store - same as regular TRU price) is more than worth the toy.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Please excuse my NEWBIE-ness to this topic, but whats the deal with the Trilogy figures? Are these just figures from LOTR and TTT repackaged?

At any rate, which figure would you recommend. If memory serves, the prices on these were pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Please excuse my NEWBIE-ness to this topic, but whats the deal with the Trilogy figures? Are these just figures from LOTR and TTT repackaged?
    Mostly repacks, but some new figures too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    At any rate, which figure would you recommend. If memory serves, the prices on these were pretty low.
    Which figure? Are you only going to buy one? Buy the one you like best. But at the new price, I would recommend them all.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I'd recommend the Harad Archer, he's the only new figure I have so far, and he's great. From pics only King Elessar (Aragorn with Crown) looks amazing, as does the WitchKing of Angmar. I'll be getting those as soon as I can find them.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I'd recommend the Harad Archer, he's the only new figure I have so far, and he's great. From pics only King Elessar (Aragorn with Crown) looks amazing, as does the WitchKing of Angmar. I'll be getting those as soon as I can find them.
    Have a few of them where I'm at jjreason, if want I can pick up a few of them for you.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Exclamation

Here is what I scored about a week ago:

Gandalf the Grey head sculpt one suncoast
    Gandalf the Grey head sculpt two TRU
    Arwen TRU
    Elrond TRU
    Galadriel TRU
    Legolas FOTR Suncoast and TRU
    Gandalf the Whiter TTT Suncoast
    Cross Bow Uruk Hai TTT TRU
    Traveling Bilbo FOTR TRU

Anyway...I am excited about this figures...no the Bilbo does not have the diorama so I will probably trade him. He is still an awesome figure.

Yes, I can post pictures of the difference in the Gandalf heads. Enjoy!

PS. The main difference is this: one shows teeth, one does not!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GANDALFONE.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	7361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GANDALFTWO.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	7362  
    Last edited by TheDarthVader; 01-22-2004 at 02:57 PM.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.