Page 124 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1874
    Here's more info about the Aragorn:
    NECA Reel Toys has a few surprises in store for 2004 and one of the biggest is the announcement of large scale (18" and above) Action Figures from Lord of the Rings. The first prototypes are making their debut this weekend at the UK Toy Fair. Images and full details will be revealed in the coming weeks as we get closer to Toy Fair. In the meantime here is an advanced look at the cover for the February Issue of Lee's Toy Review #136 and a few

Aragorn photos and specifics revealed below courtesy of NECA Director of Product Development, Randy Falk

"LOTR Aragorn EPIC 18" Figure w/ Motion Activated Sound The first in a brand new series of figures as Epic as the movies themselves.

Aragorn is presented in his ranger outfit with trenchcoat and stands over 18" tall. He is the most detailed and accurate Aragorn ever with the following Weapons & Accessories:

Quiver, Arrows, Bow, Elven Knife & Sheath Ranger Sword & Sheath with removable Eating Knife, and Torch.

Motion Activated Sensors trigger the figures to "speak" key phrases from the films."
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Kool-Aid, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Sam figure, except the one in that Hobbit 5pack that's currently in stores - and man does that set look weak to me!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT- i wasn't actually fond of that set at first, but i really like it, JT. I just don't like the price tag. I love the outfits the hobbits are wearing though; this set is on clearance at wal-marts now for like 13 bucks, so if you get a chance, snag it!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JT, since i first seen the There and Back again set ive thought they all looked odd, maybe a little too fat. But seeing that Guyute said hes seen them for $13 at Walmart, i will bend and get them if i see them at that price.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Dang, $13 is a pretty good price for 5 figures, even if they are just Hobbits. I dunno, I still don't feel drawn to owning any hobbit figure, except maybe the Twilight Frodo on trilogy card, though I get the feeling I will never, ever see that at retail.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen that set a couple of times and was going to actually pick it up at Wal-Mart because I had seen it on clearance. It was gone before then. I probably wouldn't have got it though, upon closer inspection of the set at TRU (Still 29.99) the only head sculpt that I thought was acceptable was Bilbos.

BTW - What are thoughts on the Super Articulated Aragorn. I saw one at TRU but he had some paint issues. I remember reading somewhere that he was going to be rereleased in trilogy packaging, is that true?

I would agree that the "there and back again" figures do look a little out of proportion and strange. Plus the fact that they don't come with any accessories kinda blows. .....I still bought one though

But I really dig the orc armored Sam/Frodo & armored Pippin single card figures. Those are sweet little figures when you bust 'em out.

The super articulated Aragorn is a great figure! I haven't heard of it being released on Trilogy card yet.
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 01-30-2004 at 10:21 PM.

I liked the SP Aragorn but was didnt buy it because of his face sculpt. I like the King Aragorn figure, its got a neutral face to go along with it, but wish his crown was removable. Sadly, it seems like LOTR figures have a fair share of paint issues. And i wouldnt be suprised if he is thrown on a trilogy card one day.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I was at a Walmart Supercenter today in Liberal, KS to feed my SW Figure Collecting Hungar, when I saw the rereleased Figures that now are $5 and come on the Bubble-cards. I picked up the FOTR Witch King, TTT Frodo with Glowing Sting, and TTT Helm's Deep Aragorn. These figures rock. Can anyone point me to a website that has checklists and/or pictures of all these Toy Biz LOTR figures?
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Silent Chazz- the Green Dragon (mike starts singing the drinking song for it) is a great place for all LOTR collectibles. They have the beginnings of a checklist: http://www.thegd.com/Site/feature10.asp , but the ROTK and Trilogy figures are still in process. You can always just head over to their picture archives and just jot them down, that's what i did at first. hope this helps.

Somebody snapped some shots of the toybiz booth at toyfair. You can make some random stuff, but the main part here is the Fell beast. This is a prototype and i think TB better GREATLY improve on it. They just need to make it fatter and have more girth and it'd be excellent. Then again, this is just a prototype and i'm sure the negative backlash will make TB fix it up a tad. Judge for yourself. Also, note that i could've made about 4 dozen jokes regarding the fell beast and what it could look like, so everybody, please behave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	display.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	7434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fell.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	7435  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"