Page 125 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1874
    Wow. Consider me a collector of this line, now. When I go to Amarillo this Friday Im at least picking up 1 or two more of the $5 line, I guess its called the Trilogy line?
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Chazz
    Wow. Consider me a collector of this line, now. When I go to Amarillo this Friday Im at least picking up 1 or two more of the $5 line, I guess its called the Trilogy line?
    Yeah, see, here is how it breaks down: when each movie originally came out, we had the original release of each of the figures for each flick. So, when Fellowship came out, we had fellowship figures, when Towers came out, etc etc. These included figures, beast packs, horse & rider sets, play along crap, all that jazz. Now that the films are done (silent tear), Toybiz are re-releasing selected figures from the films AND adding on new figures. So, for example: The Two Towers line now has the figures that were released during the films reign, like Frodo w/ light up sting, Gollum, etc, but come Aug and Oct, there are going to brand new figures from the film, like: Theodred, Armored boromir (from the extended edition of the film), new Super poseable Helms deep aragorn, SP Frodo, etc. So, not only are collectors going to get a chance to get some figures they missed, but we're going to get roughly about 10 or so BRAND NEW figures from each flick by the end of this year! I think i posted the complete list of figures a few pages back, but the GD has a pretty good sum of each line of figures.

In my opinion these figures are nothing short of fantastic. I rarely buy extras of any line i collect, but i had to get a few extras of these and I plan on getting more extras to open (shelob!! dear lord; rock on!). Feel free to check the last few pages for the list of figures, if you can't find it, lemme know and i'll dig it up for ya. Hope this all helps! cheers!

However, there are some figures that sadly won't be re-released, like Faramir, Rohirrim Soldier and Easterling Soldier, which suck because many folks missed out on them.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 02-01-2004 at 12:05 AM. Reason: I was feelin' saucy!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Welcome to ToyBiz LOTR Silent Chazz! We'll be getting some great stuff this year. I can't wait for the Morgul Lord Witchking & Gil Gilad!

Yeah, the new cheaper packaging is called the trilogy line. Personally, I think it looks better than the old bigger packaging.
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 02-01-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Welcome to ToyBiz LOTR Silent Chazz! We'll be getting some great stuff this year. I can't wait for the Morgul Lord Witchking & Gil Gilad!

Yeah, the new cheaper packaging is called the trilogy line. Personally, I think it looks better than the old bigger packaging.
    I agree here; the newer packaging is much more concise..and let's not forget, it knocks the price down by a few bucks!!!

I did like the design of the old packaging with the ring and the color schemes and the different designs under the peg holder thing. Plus, there was something damned unique about seeing these unique bubbles in the aisles! Still, i love this line! cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    However, there are some figures that sadly won't be re-released, like Faramir, Rohirrim Soldier and Easterling Soldier, which suck because many folks missed out on them.
    That does suck JMG.
    Have you had some kind of confirmation on this or something? I was really hoping to get a few more Rohirrim Soldiers and Easterlings someday in the trilogy line. You would think they would re-pack these army builders... I already have the Faramir, and yeah.. He's a fantastic figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    That does suck JMG.
    Have you had some kind of confirmation on this or something? I was really hoping to get a few more Rohirrim Soldiers and Easterlings someday in the trilogy line. You would think they would re-pack these army builders... I already have the Faramir, and yeah.. He's a fantastic figure!
    The only confirmation i really have is that they are not on ANY of the lists for the figures for this year. I'm not sure how long TB plans to milk this line out, but if they were going to be released again it probably would've been during the first few waves. If i hear anything else, i'll post it asap, but it's not looking likely; for this year, at least.

Nice fell beast, he only needs a few more pounds and he will look much better. Welcome to collecting LOTR Silent Chazz, it can be stressful at times but i think most of the figures are worth it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Spotted some of the new AOME at Suncoast (Easterlings and such) but I didnt look to long -trying not to be tempted.

Anyway I'm excited as hell over the upcoming 18" LOTR figures by NECA. I'll definatly get Aragorn but pass on Legolas just to watch the $. Now what I really want is an 18" Saruman the White!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

of the ToyBiz 6" figs, is it hard to come by a Lurtz figure (not the reborn) by now? If not, where is a good place to find him and would he be around the $7-$8 range?
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Hey Chazz,
    Aside from the newborn, the only other Lurtz released was the Lurtz in the two pack w/Boromir (in green fellowship packaging), which is an excellent figure I might add!

Unfortunately, he's long gone at most retail stores. If you're lucky, you might be able to score one at KB toys on clearance for $10 (along with the merry/pippin/moria orc 3pk, Gimli/Uruk warrior 2pk, & Sam/Frodo w/boat 2pk). I do beleive one of those '04 lists had a new Lurtz on it, so we may get another Lurtz figure in the future as well.