Page 144 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay
    Now that my brother has managed to pick up a King of the Dead for me I am official caught up on my Lord of the Rings collection. I have to say that this latest assortment is, quality wise, one of the best yet. I'm especially fond of Merry in his armor. Faramir is also a much better likeness than the first Faramir figure.
    Gotta agree with you man. ToyBiz seems to get better and better with each wave.

Final packaged pictures of the 20" Legolas and Aragorn are up on Neca's site. Damn, these sure look sweet. Can't wait to see that huge Balrog to be revealed.

http://necaonline.com/lotrnews6.html
    http://necaonline.com/lotrnews7.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, the Legolas does look sweet huh? Cant wait to see the Aragorn & Balrog. Great stuff indeed!

My 18" collection grows!

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    I doubt we get any type of Dead Warriors. I think most of us would prefer Orcs, Rohirrim, or Gondorian soldiers over them anyways, at least i would. But the King does/would look lonely all by himself so i wouldnt be against one someday.
    I think I read on The Green Dragon that there will be a "Dead" 3 Pack with the King and 2 Warriors....I'm trying to find the article.

there is an upcoming AOME "Dead" 3 pack so maybe that's what you were thinking of?

I think that what it most likely would be. I cant imagine Toybiz making a 3 pack that only has one reissued figure (the king) and two new ones (his warriors) at this point in the toy line. Speaking of the king, i just found him and Faramir in armor yesterday at TRU, the only place that seems to have new LOTR figures laying around. Wasnt there supposed to be two versions of the king? One that glowed in the dark (the yellow figure) and a second (the one pictured in Toybiz magazine, kind of whitish-bluish-greenish) or was the second i one i listed just the prototype and the end result was the yellow king? Either way i like the figure, the glow in the dark is cool. I like Faramir in armor too. Probably one of my favorite figures. Im thinking of getting one or two more, perhaps customize him into a generic Gondorian soldier. I really liked the figures that came out in this wave. Nice sculpts and the attention to detail on some of them amaze me.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I thought the KOTD figure's variations were the black-painted eyes and the non-painted eyes. Green Dragon claims there are no variations at all, but their photos are of the painted eyes and less weathering version where mine is the non-painted eyes and more weathering. I'm glad Toy Biz went with the Glow in the Dark coloring rather than the painted coloring that the prototype had, it would have been too similar to the FOTR Twilight Witch King figure.

BTW, I was in TRU the other day and a friend noticed that the old style cards were now $8.99 while the new Trilogy cards were still $5.99. We found a carded Treebeard figure on each card, I explained that the figures were the same, so guess which one was purchased.

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I thought the KOTD figure's variations were the black-painted eyes and the non-painted eyes. Green Dragon claims there are no variations at all, but their photos are of the painted eyes and less weathering version where mine is the non-painted eyes and more weathering. I'm glad Toy Biz went with the Glow in the Dark coloring rather than the painted coloring that the prototype had, it would have been too similar to the FOTR Twilight Witch King figure.
    Yeah, I noticed all the KOTD's i've seen around here have had the non-painted eyes.

I had ordered mine through a net store in Canada months ago, and ended up getting the black eyed version in tri-logo packaging. Mabye it's just the U.S. versions that aren't painted?

You could be right about that. Since you've seen 'em both in person, which do you prefer of those 2 variations?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

gosh, long tme since i wrote in this thread. just picked up the TABA gift set and while the figures are all lovely save for massive head Bilbo and the fact they all have the same hands, the only disappointment is the red book of the Westmarch. what was the pointin doing that? baffles me completely. It's total garbage.

Picked up merry in trilogy packaging. nice figure. the helmet fits so much better than the thing that came with armoured Pippin. Still looking for Faramir and Morgul lord. KOTD doesn't excite me so I'll let him go to those that want such trinkets. I'd rather save my cash and spend on the fell beast and other figures later in the year.

Still wading through Gollums by the shedload over here. I'm so sick of seeing his skinny white butt everywhere. hard to believe they've got so many more versions planned. with fish, with heads, with smeagol face, in gift set, from Prologue.... well at least that's a different figure. an ugly one but different.

Thank god I haven't been completist about LOTR.

Anyone else noticed that the joints on the figures are getting weaker? the figures seem very floppy lately. more like raggedy dolls than action figures.

Toybiz really could do with putting out a few good large accessories too.

Not to mention Gandalf and his cart and pony, Bill the pony with Sam, and more danged Hobbits!