Page 149 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Nice!! That thing is huge!

Over at TNI (thanks for the link in the Marvel thread JJB), they have pics of the upcoming Dark Galadriel, and GOTHMOG!! Old Goth looks like it's gonna be a sweet-@ss figure. I cant wait for that one. I have an extra Warg waiting for him!

You can see the pics here.

The Balrog looks awesome and all the new figures shown at SDCC look FANTASTIC. This line just rocks.

Check this out: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image..._Mumakil11.jpg

It's a custom Mumakill made by some dude over at the GD. This thing is really freakin' impressive. I can only imagine if TB tried to produce something like this. Oh, wait, they wouldn't, they'd just let NECA do it. cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

That is frickin' insane!!! The elephant is probably a lawn decoration, but what he did with it is outstanding. Having that figure on horseback in front of it is the perfect touch.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    That is frickin' insane!!! The elephant is probably a lawn decoration, but what he did with it is outstanding. Having that figure on horseback in front of it is the perfect touch.
    I agree, that is just awesome!! If only I had the room for something like that. I love the idea of using a lawn decoration, or a statue. That's something I would be more likely to try, but it looks like this one is made from scratch JT.

They have some "in production" pics of it over at the GD. Here's a link to the pics

I always look forward to the custom pics at that website!!

I saw the Fell beast set at Toys R Us...but that overscaled ringwraith just sent me packin' out da door. Toy Biz coulda made a smaller witch king to actually look halfway decent sittin' on the poor things neck. A for package design, though...but I'm not payin' $20 for good illustrated cardboard.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

One of my local WalMart's had the AOME Fellowship set with all 9 characters & base. I bought this set months ago from Kaybee Toys.com. Strangely...Bill The Pony is missing from the WalMart version!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

That mamakil is awesome! It must have consummed a lot of time in making that monsterous thing.
    Has anyone seen the new waves yet? I thought they were due in July?? This includes: Elrond in robes, gil-galad, elendil, moria archer, lurtz, peter jackson chase figure, sp aragorn, isengard orc, sp frodo, boromir, gamling, sp gollum with fish, sp shelob, coronation arwen, sp gollum w. one ring, sp coronation gimli, and uruk hai warrior. What happened to these waves? Anyone know? Thanks.

B
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I personally have not seen any new Lord of the Rings toys since early May. What's worse is that I actually visit a lot of stores - nobody has anything new; at least not anywhere near me.

Yeah... I'm patiently waiting for the new ToyBiz figures, and Gate of Mordor box set.

I did find a new AOME today at K-Mart though. They had two of the new orc w/warg set (the orc with the skull on his helmet, don't know his name).

Speaking of AOME, I forgot to mention that Target now has all of the playsets on clearance at $6.98! I finally picked up the Bridge of Khazad-Dum/Balrog playset. They're all really cool, and I recommend picking them up if you've been waiting. Hopefully they've only been clearanced out to make room for the new stuff.

The only criticism I have of the Balrog playset is that the Balrog is only very mostly complete. He's very nearly a whole and awesome figure in his own right. I wonder if they really saved that much money producing the thing by leaving out half of one of the Balrog's legs?