Page 152 of 188 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi
    Found Birthday Bilbo, Orc archer, Elrond, Gil-galad & KIng Elendil at a local Toys R Us. Does anyone know...is Peter Jackson chase figure part of this assortment?
    There are none on eBay, so it probably hasn't been released yet.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasLane
    There are none on eBay, so it probably hasn't been released yet.
    The Green Dragon posts this news...

Sightings: Fellowship 9-Pack PLUS Peter Jackson!!
    Well, folks were very skeptical about this at first, but the imagery seen at LOTRG.com has been pretty convincing that this set is indeed the real thing. The set is the Fellowship 9-pack with an ADDITIONAL figure of the Hobbit Peter Jackson figure. There is a sticker on the package and everything designating this find. The picture seen so far appear to have been unaltered. Curious to see if this is a short pack methodology for Toybiz. This would definitely be a keen way to sell more of this set...many people will sink the money into 10 figure to get the one...go on over to the LOTRG.com to see for yourself.
    LOTRG.com Forum Link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pjset (1).JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	9074  
    Last edited by mm74md; 09-02-2004 at 10:17 AM.

Found new ROTK from Toy Biz at another local Toys R Us: Coronation Gimli, Coronation Arwen, Superposeable Shelob, Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai(boy, he looks familiar) and Ringwraith.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Spotted the Gates of Mordor figure set at Suncoast today. If I remember correctly, it has Legolas, Gimli, Sauron's representative on horseback, Aragorn, and Gandalf the White.

Quote Originally Posted by mm74md
    That'd very well not be the only way to get him. I already have two Gandalf's and four Legolases (Legolai?! There'll be five once I buy my Gates of Mordor set!) when I only needed one of each. I swear that if I have to buy more of the suckers just to get me my Peter Jackson someone at ToyBiz is gettin' a serious kick in the nutz; I know where they work!

I think im going to pass on the set, the PJ figure really doesnt seem worth having all the others again and i can think of a few other toys that i would prefer to get. Hopefully new figures pop around here soon, i havent bought a thing at retail for at least two weeks, and even that wasnt from a line i collect.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I think in time this figure will get its own release. Have it be a chase figure or a comic con figure, it'll happen. I wouldn't worry about tossing down the $$ to get'em just yet.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Got my Shelob the other day, and I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble getting her anywhere near a standing position? All of the legs on mine splay forward - away from the heaviest part of her body which naturally needs the most support. A couple of the legs even cross over each other no matter how I twist them. I love the figure even with the surprising lack of sculpted detail, but I think it's ridiculous that I can't get her to stand. You'd think that with so many legs it'd have been pretty easy to design her to stand. I get the impression than no one bother to check if she could or not while the figure was being developed.

Huh, I got my Shelob to stand pretty good. I left it on the kitchen floor in the corner - scared the crap out of my fiance!

I've officially broken my completist habit, so now I feel no need to get the Peter Jackson Variant. Now I'm just going for Saurons minions, Prologue figures, Armored figures, and a few random others (like Horse/rider sets, etc..).

I just sold a huge collection over the weekend, and man do I feel great!

(posted at GD)
    well, TB has given some general release info regarding their LOTR figures for 2005. Here it be, tenative, of course:

FOTR Trilogy wave 5
    Weathertop Strider
    Flaming Talking Ringwraith
    Talking Rivendell Arwen
    Council Legolas
    Dark Galadriel

TTT Trilogy Wave 5
    To Be Announced

ROTK Trilogy Wave 5
    Legolas
    Eye of Sauron
    Gothmog
    Mount Doom Sam
    Mount Doom Frodo

Giftsets:
    Lothlorien Giftset: Haldir, Celeborn, Legolas, Frodo, and Aragorn
    Pelennor Fields Giftset: TBA

I'm VERY curious about this "Talking" crap; that semi-kinda worries me. Should be interestnig what else they announce and whatnot.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"