Page 153 of 188 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

The talking feature sounds pretty cool to me - we have the technology to fully integrate it into the figures themselves without screwing up the design of the figure at all. The only one in that anouncement that gives me pause is the "Eye of Sauron" figure. How would one make a figure out of that?! I don't think we really need it at all and would prefer maybe a withered King Theoden or Oliphaunt Driver figure over that. I predict a pegwarmer there.
    I'm really liking the sound of that Lothlorien set! Hopefully it happens and if it does, hopefully well get a fully resculpted Haldir figure in the appropriate outfit rather than the repack of the Helm's Deep figure as ToyBiz always tends toward. Legolas in his silver under-tunic would be nice too - I've got way too many of the same old Legolas figures already.

Also, I almost forgot to mention that I found something quite interesting at SUncoast the other day - an individually packaged Coronation Arwen. I hadn't heard that Toybiz would be releaseing her this way, and I kind of wish I'd known about it in advance. If they were to do the same for Coronation Eowyn and Faramir then I wouldn't have needed to buy the boxed set, and wouldn't have endedup with extra versions of the crappy and far too short King Aragorn and ceremonial armor Eomer! For anyone wanting the Arwen without having to buy the set, she's out there; save your cash!
    Last edited by RooJay; 09-06-2004 at 07:10 PM.

Between Suncoast and Target I just hit a huge load...

Suncoast -

Shelob
    Coronation Arwen
    Coronation Gimli
    Dark Rider (nice cloth cape)
    Moria Archer Orc
    Cirith Ungol Uruk-hai

Target -
    Elrond in armor
    Gandolf the Grey
    Prologue Elvin Warrior

Too bad I dont collect these things, theyre all goin to my sis. Hopefully she can find me a nice OTC Biker Scout or something
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Lord of the Rings Minimates Wave 1

Has anyone seen Lord of the Rings Minimates Wave 1 at retail yet?

Seen 'em? I own 'em! These things hit all of the TRU stores near me - all five of 'em - in quantity about a month and half ago. Surely you should've seen them by now. Not only have the series one three-packs been out for a while now, but the first series of two-packs have been all over Suncoast stores recently. The two-packs actually make me angry considering that each one comes with a brand new character packed with one of the previously released figures. They didn't even bother to give us different versions of Legolas and Gandalf with the new Gimli and King Theoden figures. Instead I now have to buy yet another Helm's Deep Legolas and Aragorn, Gandalf the White, and Saruman (who wasn't terribly interesting the first time around!) just to get the new guys!

I might be able to help you out with them if you'd like.

Also, is anyone out there seeing any AOME Osgiliath Ruins playsets still? I didn't have the cash the first couple times I saw it, and it seems to have disappeared from shelves after an incredibly short time!
    Last edited by RooJay; 09-08-2004 at 04:45 PM.

I only saw the AOME Osgiliath ruins set once at Suncoast...and never saw it again. Wish I'd bought it now.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay
    Seen 'em? I own 'em! These things hit all of the TRU stores near me - all five of 'em - in quantity about a month and half ago. Surely you should've seen them by now.
    Nope, not in the TRU LOTR section at least. I hit Suncoast almost daily as I dine at Subway in the local mall during lunch. I've never seen the 2 packs

I did however cash in my Replay rewards & got the NECA Aragorn. Very neat!

I scored a ToyBiz rotocast Battle Troll today at TRU. His head had come off the peg, and was sitting in the bottom of the package (I think that's the only reason it was there). Got it home and got the head back on with a little elbow grease.

It's a great looking toy. Very well worth the price ($9.99)!

I found the SP Helm's Deep Aragorn today. I wasn't going to buy it, but the head sculpt was so good... Why did it take Toybiz so long to finally get his face right, when all the other characters have been nearly perfect since the line started?
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasLane
    I found the SP Helm's Deep Aragorn today. I wasn't going to buy it, but the head sculpt was so good... Why did it take Toybiz so long to finally get his face right, when all the other characters have been nearly perfect since the line started?
    "So good"? "Face RIGHT"?! I was just about to post about how much he looks like Jason Patric and not at all like Viggo. Plus, he's got no neck. If you say you see Viggo in there, I'll believe you buddy. Sadly, I just don't see any resemblance at all. In fact, I was shocked that they didn't just reuse the same head and body sculpt from the original Helm's Deep Aragorn, retooled for the added articulation. That sculpt was, far and away, the best representation and I actually prefer it (even without the added articulation) to the new one. I may even pass on this one. So disappointed I was.

When I first read your reply Roojay, I thought you were crazy. Jason Patric? But then I found some photos. Well, he does resemble Jason Patric, but I still think it's a better Viggo likeness than any of the previous offerings. I'll continue to proudly display my "Jason Patric as Aragorn" figure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jasonpatric.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	9172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aragorn.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	9173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	figure.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	9178  
    Last edited by ThomasLane; 09-22-2004 at 10:04 AM.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com