Page 156 of 188 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

I just got my King Elendil from BBTS and man does he look awesome. Id never seen him hanging around here so i decided to pick him up via their website (only $5.99 too) and im very impressed. I love his armor and its detail, good paint application and hes taller than i thought he would be. Good job Toybiz. With this and my recent haul a week ago, this line has proven to be still trolling around. But i wants more...
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

The GD posted some news today about the two gift sets i posted about a few weeks ago. Here is more info!

"The Lothlorien and Pelennor Fields boxed sets are revealed. The Lothlorien set shows the same small blurry photo we've already seen and the promo art showing movie photos of the characters included. Listed as part of the set are: Aragorn (looks to be Trilogy FOTR Wave 4's SP Aragorn/Strider), Frodo (SP probably), Galadriel (same one), Celeborn (NEW!), and Haldir (NEW!). It's stated that the set includes 2 exclusive figures (Celeborn and Haldir, obviously). The Previews price is $26.99. Previews usually has these thing for above mark-up, so I'm guessing the retail price is $20-25.
    The Pelennor Fields set solicitation as a larger photo of the box with actual figures inside. It includes the same old Gimli (again?!?), Legolas (looks to be a HD Legolas, but it could be a placeholder), Soldier of the Dead (NEW!), Mumakil Rider (bald guy Eomer kills, with back/headress fan), and Orc Captain (hard to make out but looks big and cool). The Mumakil Rider and Orc Captain are listed as exclusives, but the Soldier of the Dead shown is obviously all-new. I'm guessing this set's got 3 new exclusive figures. It's price is $30.50. Again, Previews is priced higher than retail. I'm guessing this retails for $25-28. Both sets have 5 figures, but the Pelennor Fields set is priced higher. I think it's because it has 3 new figures as opposed to 2 for the Lothlorien."

cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Sounds great!

I will definitely get the Pelennor Fields set, but not sure about the Lothlorien set yet. Will have to see that one in person first.

The Pelennor Fields set does sound cool, the three new figures will make that set possibly the best one weve gotten yet. Lothlorien sounds okay, but i will probably wait until i see it to decide whether to get it or not too.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

FYI- I scored an extra Battle Troll yesterday at TRU. If anybody wnats it, drop me a PM. However, at teh moment, i'm only doing trades for the Scorpion figure from the Spider-Man classics line. If that doesn't work, i'll post again and just sell it for the 10 bucks i paid for it or whatever. So, if you got an extra scorpion (MOC), drop me a line!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Thanks to the FABULOUS folks at BBTS, i got new set of 5 for ROTK and the set of 8 for TTT. Here is my brief review of each figure starting with the ROTK figures.

Smeagol fisherman- This figure looks A LOT like mr. Andy Serkis in his role as Smeagol, before his fall into gollum. Not much in the realm of excitement in this figure, but it looks very awesome and for geeks like myself, a welcome addition. He is covered in mud and dirt from his fight with Deagol and he has the one ring with him.

Denethor- with crazy old man action! hehehehe just messin'. This figure is downright awesome as it looks A LOT like the actor who played him, i think it was John Noble?! Anyway, it looks fabulous and the detail on his outfit is fabulous. He comes with a sword, the horn thing that Boromir blew (that is cut in two, AWESOME DETAIL TOYBIZ! CONGRATS!) and his holding stick thing. Very sweet figure.

Minas Tirith Citadel guard- for you army builders, you'll want this one. This guy is decked out in the silver armor that is top notch in the way of details and color. His helmet has that wingspan thing on it and he includes a sword and a staff that is like 7 inches long or so. Very sweet.

Shelot Attack Frodo- This is a very sweet figure, at least i think so, as it's covered in web and has a light up Earendil in his hand! Very good thinking on Toybiz's part as kids will love to fight off Shelob with the light! It looks a lot like Elijiah Wood too. This is also the ONLY figure of this wave to have an action feature. the rest are poseable.

Gorbag w/ webbed Frodo- Another sweet Orc to add to the collections! His armor is done very well and looks fantastic. He comes with a version of Frodo that is wrapped up webbing. Looks very creepy although i think Frodo needed to look a tad bit more pale, but nothing to complain about.

TWO TOWERS wave of 8
    Talking Gollum and Smeagol- WHY TOYBIZ, WHY?!?! These are exactly like the other figures that were released. Crap crap crap.

Hama- Very excellent figure and bears a great resemblance to the character in the film. He comes in the Rohan armor and with a sword. It is on this figure that we can see how dedicated TB is to the line as you can see the detail from everything from his armor to the decoration on his cape. Short packed figure. Very excellent.

Orc Captain- If you played the game, you know this guy as the huge fat guy who you always had to kill from behind. He looks awesome in his armor and comes with a huge hammer thing and a sword. he also has an action feature to help make him slash and attack with his weapons. Another orc that army builders will hunt for. Very gruesome lookin' guy...errrrr. orc!

Gates of Mordor Sam- This figure is very much like the Sam in Mordor figure from the first TTT waves, but this time he's superposeable. He comes with his sword and the pack slung behind him. Nothing too special about this figure, but i'm a fan of Sam, so happy with this figure, i am. and i will eat green eggs and ham.

Shagrat- Thsi guy is awesome!! He has a sword and one of those awesome shield things that have the gaps in it them for choppin' off heads! Another fantastic orc as he is very well detailed in his gear and paint. Awesome!!!

Prince Theodred- with dying action! He comes decked out in armor and with a sword. I wish i could say more about him, but he didn't do much in the movie or books. Still looks very good though.

Lastly, Legolas- From what i can tell, this is a straight rehash of most of the Legolas figures. Comes with the few swords, bow and arrow. It'll be nice to see him out there asi know some folks couldn't find a Legolas figure and they have another chance.

All in all, these two waves just prove that Toybiz are the best toy company out there. Aside from their poor packing ratios (see Marvel Legends), the figures are very well sculpted and look very much like their cinematic counterparts. If they keep putting out quality like this, they'll continue to get my business! Bravo, Toybiz!

Spotted some new AOME for 8.99@ at local Target: Prologue Elves, Army of the Dead, etc. The real surprise was the ticket to see Howard Shore do his LOTR Symphony at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore my beloved wife surprised me with yesterday. Early X-mas gift!!! I'm there!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

sweet deal jon! I saw Howard in Columbus on the opening night of the "Lord of the Rings" symphony. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience; very very awesome!

JMG, Prince Theodred has a removable helmet doesnt he? Cant wait to find these!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I think he does. I keep mine MOC, but i can't imagine Toybiz actually KEEPING the helmet on him, ya know? It would seem kinda silly. HH!