Page 157 of 188 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

I seen Shelob attack Frodo last Friday at a TRU but no one else from the wave that i wanted. Just today i went into Target looking for some movies when i passed through the toys and noticed all Toybiz pegs were empty. Needless to say im hoping that new figures will be popping up soon, i would hate to miss out on a couple of the figures JMG just reviewed.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I'm not that impressed with the Shelob Attack Frodo. I'm not too big on scene specific figures. Its alright I suppose.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I didnt care too much for Shelob Attack Frodo either. I left him on the peg because i didnt feel i needed him, nor was i very fond of him being scene specific. But like you say, hes not a horrible figure, just one im not impressed with.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Okay, went back to the TRU today and found a couple more Shelob attack Frodos, but alas no new Toybiz figures. But, i did find two Attack Trolls. I ended up buying both, im definitely going to keep one, the other may be used as trade bait somewhere down the line. Other than that, nothing else worth noting.

Scored the new "Fellowship" assortment at my local TRU yesterday. Got Prince Izzie, Bilbo Transfixed, Peter Jackson as Hobbit, Mirkwood Legolas & SP Boromir. Still haven't seen TTT assortment w/Theodred, Orc Capt., etc.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Nice haul Jon. I am developing this fear that im going to miss out on a lot of figures i want because the only place that gets anything new is a TRU on one of the busiest streets. Add to that the amount of holiday shoppers out and about and my chances of hitting are slim. You got some good figures.

I'm as shocked as anyone to score these on a Saturday(no less) around 10 AM in the middle of the busiest shopping season. The PJ figure was even on the front of the pegs! I found the SW Cantina wave on my day off 1/2 hour after the TRU opened. Maybe the collectors & scalpers don't want to contend with the mobs. Checkout was a nightmare.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I saw the PJ figure at the Frederick, MD TRU on Sunday. I really love the Toybiz LOTR figures, but my wife hates them. I'm limited in my spending these days. Therefore, he sat there as I left Yes, you can hear the crack of the whip!
    Last edited by mm74md; 12-20-2004 at 09:37 AM.

I scored a nice little haul of figures today at TRU:

Gorbag (awesome figure!)
    Prologue Smeagol
    Bilbo transfixed
    Minas Tirith Citadel Guard (picked up 2 of these guys)
    Battle Troll (was just sitting there, I couldn't believe it!)

And the other day I scored a "new Improved" Gandalf the Grey (so much better than the old version), and Prince Isildur.

I've opened all except the hobbits, and I have so say they are really great figures! I especially like the hidden dagger that came with Gorbag. That was a nice little suprise!

Sweet. Gorbag sounds like an awesome figure, a hidden dagger is a nice little touch. The Citadel Guards should also rock. Reading these last couple of posts, one notices that TRU is the only place that appears to be getting new stock. TRUs are madhouses around this time of year.

At a collectors shop yesterday, they had Shelob, Denethor, Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai, and Prologue Smeagol among others i already have. Unfortunately they go for $13 apiece. I broke and bought myself the Uruk Hai, and im thinking of going back for two others. But i would hate to one day see these guys on pegs, after having paid twice their original price.