Page 158 of 188 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    I broke and bought myself the Uruk Hai, and im thinking of going back for two others. But i would hate to one day see these guys on pegs, after having paid twice their original price.
    This kind of thing happens with me all the time. Especially with ToyBiz stuff for some reason.

It sucks.. but I know if I saw an Orc Captain today for $13, I would buy it too!

I made another nice little score at TRU today. I found most of TTT wave 4. Picked up Shagrat, Hama, and Theodred. Very sweet figures!!

Unfortunately, there were no Orc Captains , that's the one I really want the most!

Scored some TTT today myself at local Toys R Us. Got Shagrat, Prince Theo, Hama & the elusive Orc Capt.(truely the best Orc figure Toy Biz has done!) I show up around 10 Am again, and all are there. Mom's don't seem interested, and the scalpers/collectors are nowhere in sight. I was blessed! I left the Gollum/Smeagol(already had), new Legolas & Gates of Mordor Sam. I need the funds for the CW Animated I know are hitting in MD "any day."
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

After successfully resisting the temptation of this line for so long, I've finally caved and bought my first figs this week. Like I need something else to collect!

Anyway, I bought:
    Gandalf the Grey (new verion)
    Super Poseable Frodo
    Gates of Mordor Sam
    Super Poseable Boromir
    The King of the Dead
    Galadriel
    Treebeard

I'd like to just concentrate on the main characters, or ones that I particularly like... I mean who could resist a bare-footed Cate Blanchett figure?!

Any recommendations on the best versions of the characters to get?

Personally, i dont really have a favorite Aragorn figure. They all seem to be lacking in some way or other. But if i had to choose one it would be the Helms Deep Aragorn figure. My favorite Legolas is also the TTT Legolas, not to be confused with the Helms Deep version. I liked the Rohirrim Merry and Gondorian Pippen figures more than their original version. The best Gimli is the one that came in the Uruk Hai two pack. I believe that version is also included in a couple of multipacks too. Eomer really hasnt had a good figure, but if you must have him the ROTK one is best.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Welcome to the world of ToyBiz LOTR! Look out, this line can become very addictive...

Which Treebeard did you get? The big boxed one, or the "AOME scaled" 8" one?

As far as suggestions go, I would say try to go with the newer, super-poseable versions of the characters. They are way better than the old versions.

I collect Saurons minions (any orcs, trolls, uruks, etc...), and any other armored figures. I do buy the occaisonal prologue figure as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, fellas. I've kept an eye on the line since it started and have been disappointed with the likenesses, which has kept me from collecting for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Which Treebeard did you get? The big boxed one, or the "AOME scaled" 8" one?
    I got the 8" one. I haven't seen the big boxed one in awhile. Still, he was on clearace at KB for $3 and is a pretty cool figure out of the package.

As far as suggestions go, I would say try to go with the newer, super-poseable versions of the characters. They are way better than the old versions.
    The figures I bought this week were the super-poseable ones. They have good likenesses IMO so I was thinking that ToyBiz is improving with newer releases.

Along with Hama, Super-poseable Shagrat, Super-Poseable Boromir (both examples of which I found with no eyebrows!), Gates of Mordor Sam, Bilbo Transfixed, Prince Theodred, Isengard Orc Captain, Shelob Attack Frodo, and the new Gandalf I also found the new AOME three-packs at TRU. The Armies of the Dead set is frikkin' the coolest and the Companions of the Ringbearer set is decent, but I was disappointed to find that the "Prologue Elf" from the Prologue Elves set is nothing of the sort. It's actually another rerelease of the same Galadrim Archer we've now seen twice in two previous three-packs! I'm a huge fan of the elves so it's not too big of a bother to me - I can always use more Galadrim, but it sure would've been nice to get that Prologue Elf they had been showing at all the shows. Those guys have the cooler armor and I would've loved to have had him to display alongside Gil-Galad and Elrond. Ah well! What can I do but complain?

Is the Super Poseable Aragorn the same figure as the one included in the Helm's Deep Gift Set (the one with exclusive Haldir)?

Nice finds Roojay, id wet my pants if i seen some of the figures you mentioned hanging around here. I noticed the AOME Prologue Elf thing when i was looking at that particular set. Its somewhat of a letdown to see its a figure that already been put out before, but at the same time its really not too bad, you can never seem to have enough army builders. Ji'dai, i dont believe the SP Aragorn is the same as the one in the Helms Deep Gift Set.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay