Page 160 of 188 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

I went to my local Wal-Mart today and spotted a case of LOTR figures. I opened up to see what was in it and was suprised by what I saw. Nothing that hasn't been on the pegs already and nothing rare or htf as far as I can tell, but what surrpised me was that it was a mixed case. hey had figures on FOTR card, TT card and ROTK card. Here's what I saw and the breakdown of each.
    1 Lurtz FOTR
    1 King Elendil FOTR
    2 Elrond (robes) FOTR
    2 Boromir (armor) TT
    2 SP Frodo TT
    1 Isengard Orc TT
    1 SP Smeagol ROTK
    1 Corination Gimli ROTK
    1 Ringwraith ROTK

If ToyBiz is going to release all those figure sets I'm reluctant to buy the figures individually now.
    I know what you mean, I just hope this means they will release the Elven archer. It seems a no brainer to do so.

jiM

Yeah, I just saw the same thing at a Wal-Mart (except it looked like they had two of those cases). I ended up grabbing both Lurtz figures.

None of my Target OR Wal-Mart stores have stocked anything resembling new.

TRU is on the ball latley.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Our stores (Canada) have been pretty current, I've seen "Bilbo Transfixed" in all 3 of my regular stores. Orc Captain (with mallet, whatever his name was again) has only shown up at TRU so far, and I didn't see any of the other figures from that TTT wave.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

alright, i haven't posted in this thread in a while, but here is some news:

There are three rehashes of ROTK Orc Armor Sam, King Aragorn and Legolas (TTT) and each have SOUND BASES. I would post pics, but the only ones i have are from an online store and it has their name all over it and i don't feel like starting a copyright war.

There is a SUPER POSEABLE Strider popping up as well. I've attatched a picture. It isn't known if these figures (all 4) are UK or Canada exclusives, but to my knowledge, they haven't been in the states.

Also, promo pics of the upcoming TTT and FOTR waves were posted. Enjoy and HH!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	towers.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	10013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strider.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	10014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fellow.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	10015  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Thanks for the pics. Of them, the only ones im interested in are Possessed Galadriel, Aged Theoden and the Uruk Hai. Aside from them the others dont really look like must haves. I think the flames on the Ringwraith look a little silly and Legolas looks like hes got on a bulletproof vest underneath his poncho.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Found Shelob today at Walmart, along with a few other "new" figures that i really wasnt interested in. Its good to see old Trilogy figures arent hanging around as much. Shelob weighed a bit more than i expected, im hoping that the figure will be able to stand somewhat well enough rather than have the legs buckling due to the body.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

The legs on mine are all attached so that they point far forward so that she can't really stand on her own at all. Unfortunately.

Found the figures with electronic bases today at Suncoast. Pelennor Fields Aragorn and Legolas are nice and loud but Orc Armor Sam is a mere whisper in comparision. Also spotted Denethor, Orc Captain, Citadel Guard, Stoor Smeagol, and the Frodo/Orcs from the Shelob scene.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I just about had a heart attack today when i strolled into a Target that i rarely visit and found a Gil-Galad and Moria Archer sitting on the pegs. I had given up hope of finding these guys at retail, but this was a pleasent suprise. Galads an okay figure but i really dig the Archer. That ugly mug of his makes me want to nail him with an arrow. Along with that, other newer figures appear to be coming along. Sweet!