Page 163 of 188 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

I picked up the Pellenor Fields set today at Suncoast. For the first time, I actually don't feel cheated with a LOTR gift set! The 3 new figures are awesome, and worth the $10 each I paid for them.

I don't even count the Legolas and Gimli though since I've gotten them in almost every gift pack so far. Geez... it is a nice figure, but how many times are they going to repack that Gimli?

The next one I'm really excited about is the "Battle Cry Uruk Hai" figure. Finally a good Helms deep Uruk! I'm gonna have to try to get a few of those..

I found a peter jackson hobbit the other day at my local woolworths. Don't really know why i bought it but I did. I was sitting in the car on the way home wishing it was Gaffer gamgee or Rosie Cotton.......

Or even a prologue or council dwarf. Retailers are so dumb. The plain fact that these figures have been selling so long now and doing pretty well should show them they don't need a friggin Legolas or Gimli in nearly every assortment. (I know that's not accurate but I'm griping so I'll leave it that way) TB need to get going on some more background characters besides the armies. And the eye of Sauron should be an eighteen inch deluxe not that poxy little thing. If they're going to do something then do it well not some lame brained half assed attempt like that.
    Considering they use the same horse body every time they could easily churn out loads more horse and rider figures but they mucked that up by repacking the same damn products time and time again. And where in gods name is Eowyn the white lady of rohan? Now we get this upcoming glittering caves Eowyn and she's as dull and bland as all the others. And Rivendell Aragorn better hadn't have the same squashed in face that the press picture shows that came off the early Helms deep Aragorn. It's deformed. Ugly. I just think the whole repacking policy stinks. And so does shortpacking and so does giving the figures swords made of rubber that warp in the blister packing. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

It wouldn't hurt them to pack in some more backdrops for displaying figures against either. Or large accessories. I mean, Rivendell Aragorn with the sword of Anduril on the cloth without the statue makes no damn sense. Nor does giving Galadriel that pitcher without the mirror of galadriel.

And one last moan. Bill the pony. How could they have the whole fellowship in a set without bill? Or throw out so many Sam figures without him. At the very least i expect to see a set containing Sam with Bill, Rosie and little Eleanor. Throw in Gaffer gamgee for good measure. A boxed set worth having rather than shoving something like the Mouth of Sauron in a box with figures we bought seven million times already. A set like Sams homecoming with four smaller new figures and one repack would be acceptable but not the other way round. That's just taking the rise out of us. TB must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Speaking of Horse and Rider sets - has anybody else noticed that ToyBiz still have yet to release any of the 'Horse-lords of Rohan' with horses?! The most important aspect of these characters not only in terms of their culture, but even their very design in the films is their closeness, dependence and reverence for their horses. Yet not one of them has been released with a horse! Where are our Theoden and Snowmane, Eomer and Firefoot, Dernhelm (Eowyn) and Windfola, and Merry, squire of Rohan and Stybba sets? Not a single Rohan horse has been produced yet. That's just wrong if ya ask me!

Found the Citadel Guard, Gorbag, Theodred, and Bilbo Possessed...at the local collector/scalper store for $15 plus. I havent seen anything new in a while so it was somewhat pleasent, if a bit disheartening. Im debating whether i should go back and try to trade them two of my figures for theirs, but im unsure about whether they would agree to.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Spotted the Pellenor Fields gift set at Wal-Mart today; $29. So if you're looking for this set, you may come across it at your local WM. I haven't seen any new LOTR figures or box sets at Suncoast since early this year.

Saw some new figures at TRU this morning - Galadriel transfixed, Council Legolas, Weathertop Strider, and flaming Ringwraith.

I don't like the green tint on the new Galadriel. Makes her look like a swamp hag. The light-up feature is cool though, her hair and eyes shine green. I wasn't expecting the eyes to light up too.

I stopped collecting LOTR after soon after ROTK came out. I had planned on picking it back up last summer but retail has almost totally abondoned the line.

Target, Meijer and K-Mart have clearanced their stuff and not re-ordered. TRU and Walmart are the only places left who really get anything, and it's usually old by comparison. It's like Star Wars circa 1985.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Check your local Suncoasts (and its sister stores) they seem to be the best place to get new LOTR figures from. TRU still seems to carry them, but they only have a couple of pegs dedicated to the line.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I went to a TRU today and found some of the newer figures, most notably Galadriel Entranced and Boromir with sound base. I picked up Galadriel because i really like how the figure looks. Boromir looked okay, but his voice was really funky so i left him behind, it didnt bear any similarity to Sean Beans'. After that i went to a nearby mall and headed straight for the Suncoast store. They were having a 25% off sale for every toy in the store so i picked up the Pelennor Fields set. As good as the Gimili is that came with it, i think Toybiz needs to retire that figure. Same goes for Legolas, ive got an army of him yet few other warrior type elves. Also, for some reason the box doesnt make mention of the exclusive Army of the Dead warrior. Either way its probably the coolest gift pack Toybiz has released, three new figures as opposed to just one or two.

thanks for the suncoast tip, koolaidkiller! i was able to pick up a Gothmog today for a mere 4.49!!!!