Page 167 of 188 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Quote Originally Posted by posty333
    Is there a decent checklist of all the LOTR figures anywhere? I've never been able to find one that is complete. Also helpful would be to know which figures are reissues. I've passed on several new figures because they look a lot like ones I already have. I'm not quite as organized with them as I am with my Star Wars figures.
    I'm working on a list like this right now. The Green Dragon is pretty good about what has come out, but they don't denote which figures are repacks or repaints, etc. I'll post a link to my list in here when it's done - and will need feedback about it's correctness.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

well, apparently some "source" from the GD has the following figures due out for the coming waves of the LOTR line.

EPIC TRILOGY
    Collection Asst 1/2 (Sep/Oct 05)
    Aragorn
    Frodo with Book
    Gandalf in robes
    Gondorian Archer
    Legolas
    Mordor
    Witch King
    Eowen

Collection Asst 3 (Jan/Feb 06)

Aragorn w/Light up Palantir
    Super-Poseable Legolas
    Easterling w/Banner
    Orc w/Banner
    Corsair

Collection Asst 4 (Apr/May 06)

Barrow Wight ????
    Birch Ent
    Rosie Cotton
    Berserker Uruk w/ Bomb
    Aragorn w/ Red Sleeves at Rohan
    Wolf the Wild Man
    "To be determined" figure

LOTR Epic Battle (aka "Unleashed") (Feb/Mar 06)

Aragorn
    Gimli
    Legolas

The Epic Battle are supposedly styles of figures like the SW Unleashed line. I won't get those, but i'll keep buyin' the figures if they keep putting out quality. We'll see how accurate, if any, this is.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Im not one to look ahead much into the line (i would hate to get all worked up over a figure only to learn its been cancelled) but ive heard that the Gondorian Archer is coming out, so that leads me to believe that the first parts are correct. Down the line im not so sure. Anyways, heres hoping its true.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

i'm really hoping the easterling will be released since i'm still kicking myself for not buying more of them when the TTT figures were first released.

The Barrow Wight is an interesting choice, as I believe it will be the first "expanded universe" inclusion in the line. In the book (and please correct me if I'm wrong oh knowledgeable and bookish ones) these Wights are the horrors the hobbits and Strider face on Weathertop, as opposed to the Twilight Ringwraiths of the FOTR movie. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

I think the Barrow Wights are wraiths that inhabit the area where the last battles of the Kingdom of Arnor were waged against the Witch-King of Angmar. The Barrows, which I think are burial mounds, are located somewhere between The Shire and Bree. Tolkien wanted the Hobbits to have an adventure on the way to Bree, so they met Tom Bombadil and his wife. Tom is an interesting character since he is unaffected by the One Ring and it's nothing more than an interesting trinket to him. After leaving Tom's domain, Frodo is captured by a Barrow Wight and ol' Tom has to pull his *** out of the fire. The Hobbits then continue on to Bree, where they meet Strider.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Thanks, Ji'dai. I'm in serious need of a Fellowship re-read. I recall very little of Tom Bombadil's role, only the annoying song/poem that he pipes up with every chance he gets. I guess not including him in the films stirred up a lot of folks - someone once told me that Bombadil is the LOTR geek's Boba Fett.

Anyhow, I've thrown what I feel is a pretty complete list of all the loose figures together, complete with as many "ways to get them" as I could come up with.

There are variants I know of, but didn't include on the list (Faramir's hair, HD Aragorn's clean vs dirty pants, etc) and some that I did (Gandalf the Grey's 2 heads and cloth vs. plastic cloak). There is also the little matter of not having added any Fellowship 9 packs as chances to get the figures therein - as I wasn't sure if the 9 pack had been released on all 3 movie themed boxes, or just the first 2. There is also a newer 9 pack with a Peter Jackson Hobbit included, again it's not included in the chances to get those figures. I'll update the list as foks tell me what's wrong, and as I have the time to do so.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I noticed you included the Frodo that came with Arwen in the Horse and Rider sets, but didnt do so for the Frodo that comes with Gorbag, or at least i didnt see it. Any reason why? But thanks for taking the time to create this list, its quite helpful when looking for what all holes are in my collection.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Interesting, I guess I sort of consider that Frodo an accessory to the Gorbag figure as opposed to a figure itself - but the same arguement could be made for the incapacitated one from the Arwen set.

I found a Hama figure at Walmart tonight. These things trickle out so unevenly it's frustrating.

Sy Snootles lip synchs