Page 169 of 188 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

I picked up the 18" Gandalf last Saturday at Suncoast. The figure is awesome! I have him setup next to the 18" Aragorn and Legolas, and Gandalf looks the best IMO. Neca really does a nice job.

These 18"ers are a great deal for the money IMO. You would have to pay 6 to 8 times the price to get a statu in that size, and these are way more durable. They can take a fall too (I know from experience).

that actually reminds me: the epic Scale BALROG is up for pre-order on many online sites. I pre-ordered mine last night from Amazintoyz for 99.99. This thing is going to be SWEET and it's being produced in REALLY small quantities, so play it smart, everybody!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I read that its probably going to be about 5,000 pieces, which would make it as common as the BK Uruk Hai, and we all know how easy those are to obtain. That alone should be enough to convince people to take the dive on it. I want to, i really do, but i need to see if my work will give me tuition assistance or else im going to have to pass on it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yeah, I'm hoping EE will have a pre-order for it so I can do the will-call thing.

I'm definitely not taking a chance on missing this, pre order is going to be the way to go. I wouldn't expect that Suncoast will carry it.

I could've sworn the box said that the NECA Gandalf was 20" tall. They must be including his pointy hat in that measurement
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Yeah, I'm hoping EE will have a pre-order for it so I can do the will-call thing.

I'm definitely not taking a chance on missing this, pre order is going to be the way to go. I wouldn't expect that Suncoast will carry it.
    If it only has a run of 5,000 then i doubt it would be carried in Suncoast too. I read somewhere that it was going to be about 22 inches tall. With that in mind, $100 doesnt sound too bad a price, considering its size. It sounds like alot of people are preordering, im going to need to make a decision quick or risk missing out on this.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Some very basic questions about the Balrog, is it a poseable piece made of plastic, or is it a harder, more statue-like item?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Not entirely sure, but i do believe it is somewhat poseable. Probably just basic articluation at the most, nothing fancy. Its supposed to come with light up features. My brain is leaning towards passing on it, but the heart is begging to preorder the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Some very basic questions about the Balrog, is it a poseable piece made of plastic, or is it a harder, more statue-like item?
    Previews mentions some of the articulation. They don't say anything about the material, but I imagine it will be the same material as thier other 18" - 20" figures. 3 1/2 foot wingspan? Man, that thing is going to be huge!

"The Fire Demon Balrog is over 20" tall with a 3 1/2 foot wing span. Comes complete with sword and whip. This fully poseable figure includes ball jointed shoulders, bendable elbows, swivel wrists, and more. The eyes and flames on his back "glow" with LED lights inside. Scheduled to ship in December 2005."

Here's a link to the article at TNI, they also have some unpainted prototype pics from SDCC: Toy News International

Saw the "Elves of Middle Earth" gift pack tonight at two Wal-marts. Packaging is cool, but the set is all repacks, so I passed. Can't wait for the Epic line to hit...should only be a few more weeks.

Snags