Page 74 of 188 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
    The Helms deep 5 pack is definietly out, I got one today!

I haven't opened it yet, but I can already tell that Haldir is an awesome figure. I would compare it to the Elven Archer from the 2 pack. The Aragorn figure does appear to be just a tiny bit different than the single card release, he's got a few strands of hair painted on his forehead (looks a lot better IMO).

The other 3 figures appear to be the exact same as the single card versions to me (except that Gimli is missing his cloak). It is a very nice looking display piece, and I may just keep this one sealed (it is a lot smaller than the fellowship box set).

Well.... I got a little bored so I decided to take a few pics from the Helms deep to share with y'all.

Here's a close up of Haldir. I know you cant really see it in the pic, but he does come with a helmet too. It's very similar to the elven archer's helmet:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haldir.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	6175  

Ok, here's a pic of the new & improved Helms Deep Aragorn. I think the hair strands add to his likeness a lot for some reason:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aragorn.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	6176  

Well WHERE are people getting the Helm's Deep 5pack at??? How much is it?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

JJReason got me my PEW as well!

What a guy!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I concure with Jayspawn, where are people getting the Helms deep packs at?!? I haven't seen them yet. Are they exclusive to a certain store or ?!??! Info por favor!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Oh yeah, sorry 'bout that!

I didn't find mine at a retail store unfortunately. I got mine at frank-n-sons. Paid $45 for it, which is really too much IMO (but I just had to have that Haldir...). Most other booths were selling them for $50.

I'm not sure what stores they're showing up at yet (I cant find jack at retail these days).

I read at the GD.com that TRU on the west coast have been recieving the Helms deep 5-pack. Word has also arrived that they reached warehouses in the mid-west, so it should be nationwide in the next week. Time to start calling my local Dayton TRU's
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by jpak001
    Ok, here's a pic of the new & improved Helms Deep Aragorn. I think the hair strands add to his likeness a lot for some reason:
    I think that looks like a whole new head??? The shape looks more normal than the overly-angular HD Aragorns I've seen (and passed on). Haldir is just awesome, from those pics. I think Im sold on this set....I'll have to put a couple of the extra figs up for sale on ebay once I get it. Hopefully it will show up at our TRU as well.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

That pic of Aragorn there makes him look Jesus on the Turin shroud