Page 91 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
    Found the Aragorn and Samwise tonight, no Ewoyn though. I think Targets and Meijer stores are getting in the Samwise, Eomer Etc wave and wally worlds are doing the Eowyn wave, cause i've only picked up Eowyns at wal-marts. I'll keep huntin' though!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

It's the same out here in L.A. JMG: Eomer wave @ Target, Eowyn wave @Wal-Mart. Haven't found any ROTK stuff anywhere else.

Seems like Samwise is the 1st to go from the Eomer wave, wonder if it's because he has Sting? Eomer & Aragorn seem to be pegwarmers already. If Eomer was the correct height, I bet he would be selling better though.....

Nothing new over here but i was wondering if those of you who have some AOME are overall pleased with them or have some concerns regarding the line? I have so far avoided buying any but it gets harder when you havent found any new LOTR or Star Wars figures and AOME sits on its shelf calling you.

As for asking employees if they carry something or when they will stock them i have given up on that. Usually they dont really know, and dont really care that much if at all. In all my years collecting, i have only had one actually pull out some figures from the back that he was trying to keep away from scalpers.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Hey KAK,
    I was pleasantly suprised with few that I bought and opened. They look great, and have very nice paint application for figures that small.

The Wraiths basically have no articulation. They're pretty much little statues. But as long as we get 9 different sculpts I'll be happy
    The Frodo & Sam are articulated at the neck, shoulders, and waist. The Twilight wraith is articulated at the arms & waist. So it seems articulation varies a lot between different figures.

Also, the little "dirt" stands are completely removeable on the single figures, but not the horses.

Overall I'd say that they're very nice little display pieces, perfect for building dioramas (what they were meant for). Not a bad deal for the price ($5.99 for horse & riders, $8.99 for the 3 packs).

i dunno!! i like um and i have a few but i dont feel likes it worth it!!

5.99 for horse/rider for like a $1 mroe you can get a tb fig!! and for 8.99 you can get a 3pk but for $2 more you can get a tb twin pack!! i dunno..

im goin get sauron ,isulduir, and elendil forsure though!! cant wait til that 3pk comes out!

After taking a cue from fellow SSG Ohio Forumite, Star Matt, i called around random meijer stores last night and scored the Warg w/ rider. Then on my home from work tonight, stopped in at my local meijer and booya, legolas and Aragorn w/ Horses!!! These bad boys, well, in Legolases case, i'll say, "bad boy who looks very much like a girl", are very awesome. Aragorn has that "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!" screaming into battle expression and his horse is nicely done too.

Pick these up kids, they rule!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've only seen the rereleased Wraith w/ Horse in the ROTK box.

And speaking of Wraith w/ horse. I picked up the AOME Wraith w/ horse at Target the other day. The playsets are hitting stores in Canada so hopefully it won't be long till they land here. The 2nd wave of AOME figure sets and riders should be hitting soon as well.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

AOME Single Packs found in Canada today, at WalMart. Didn't know they were even making them! There were 10 or 11 pictured on the back, each of the figures from the first 4 3 packs (Rohan Soldiers, Moria Orcs, Ringwraiths, and Weathertop Attack) minus one of the Moria Orcs (not sure why they would do that). I also wasn't able to determine if the Ringwraiths were all there or if one was shortpacked. There were quite a few people looking at them.

At 4.92 per pack, we'd be paying almost 17 for each 3 pack, which means the three packs are no real savings. I guess the single packs are good if you lose/break one of your other figures or if you just want multiples of some but not all the figures in one pack (eg Rohan Soldier).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I spotted the Helms Deep, Isengard Chambers and Bridge of Khazaa Dum playsets today at my local meijer. Nice sets....but pretty pricey. I think 45 for helms deep...i don't do these AOME, but they look very well done.

THats not too bad, the retail of AOME Helm's Deep is supposed to be $50. It's supposed to be a pretty impressive set. SO far I only have GTW and Wraith on horses. I have Saruman's Chambers coming to me in the mail.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett