Page 97 of 188 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
    I like AOME so far. I only have 3 items myself (Saruman's Chambers, Gandalf & Shadowfax, and Wraith & Horse) but its a pretty good line. I stilll have to get Frodo, Sam and Wraith and the Wraith set. A lot of the sets I want are in Series 2. Can't wait for Haldir!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

So far I am very pleased with my AOME. As I open, I have found these to be better toys that the 6" line. With loose joints (including loose articulated ankles) the 6" fellas seem to have their own struggles just to stay standing (one too many at the Pony I guess).

I grew up on the old Britains knights, cowboys and spacemen - in addition to my prolific SW collection - so the scael really suits me. I also like the development of good environments. And Finally, the scale lends itself to better home construction of other environs.

There are a few minor issues - foot pegs, articulation (lack) and paint application. But all-in-all - two thumbs up.

Ah, KB TOYS HAS ARWEN w/ horse AND FRODO!!!

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm.../17/ls/default

Clickity Click for all who need it!! (LIMP, lookin' in your direction, cos if memory serves, you need her, right?!? if not, oh well!!! Order her, those who need it!)

cheers!

Edit: in fact, they have the following newer figures for sale too, so hurry now!

Arwen and Asfaloth
    6 " Eowyn
    6" Galadriel
    Deluxe Legolas and Arod
    Deluxe Pellenor Aragorn and Brego
    Prologue Elven Warrior
    Warg and Beast
    6" HD Legolas
    12" Rotocast Legolas
    12" Rotocast Aragorn

(saw this list on GD, go now!)
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Speaking of Arwen and Frodo, I found them both at Target this morning! In the FOTR packaging too, they were $16.99. They also had the Wraith w/ Horse as well.

Wal-Mart this morning had the Fellowship 9-pack in TTT packaging. Only $29.99! Great price, very cool looking. I passed because I have all the figures already. Impressive.

AND Media Play finally got in the AOME figures including all the figure and horse sets as well as both playsets and Helm's Deep. The playsets were only $24.99 cheapest I've seen them.

Finally got Helm's Deep today, very pleasing. I'll now have to auction off a few extra figures I have on ebay, but it's worth the trouble to have Haldir.

With this set was the first (Canadian, anyway) wave of single carded figures in ROTK packaging. I picked up Eowyn, but passed on Gollum, Smeagol and the small Treebeard. They also had the large Treebeard in ROTK packaging. All of these figures had pics of the actors/actress on the front, they had none of the first US found wave with the pics of the toys themselves on the packages.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

KB TOYS HAS TWILIGHT FRODO FOR 14.99!!! Clicky!

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm.../17/ls/default

Go on, get him now before they become hard to find, again!!! It's too tempting to buy like 8 and put them on ebay...they're still going for around 60 a pop! heheheheheehehe good luck!!

On a side note, i have 2 Prologue Bilbos, Uruk Hai w/ Crossbow, SP Gollum and SP Aragorn waitin' for me at various stores in Ohio. some friends/family are nailin them for me. I can't wait to see the Uruk Hai! HH!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Holy crap!

Thanks for the link JMG! One of the few LOTR figures I actually wanted to keep sealed, now I can bust one open too!

Im tempted on getting him but i wonder does this mean he will no longer be a chase figure? I probably should but for money reasons (im trying to knock off some things from my list of Star Wars wants) i dont really feel like doing it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Eh, i'd go for it Kool Aid. Lord only knows how long this figure will be easy to find. Most likely for a while, but i would suggest snagging this figure wherever ya see it!

On a side note, I was able to had my pops pick up ARagorn (SP), Gollum (SP) and Pro-Loge Bilbo, but the di-...mean guy who was supposed to be holding Uruk Hai and the other bilbo never put them on hold, thus they were sold. He's lucky that I didn't show up and find out they were gone, cos i would've gone hulk on his arse and it wouldn't have been pretty. I swear, that damned Uruk Hai w/ Crossbow is going to alude me!! argh!!!

EDIT: Twilight Frodo is sold out. Hope some SSGer's got him!

I passed on Twilight Frodo, there's too many things to buy latley. Which sucks because I kind of wantede one to display. But oh well, he may yet show up again.