Page 99 of 188 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
    Their turn around as far as shipping goes must be really good - I've already received the Galadriel and Twilight Ringwraith that I order on Friday!
    Galadriel is a really nice figure. She looks exactly like Cate Blanchett, and even has a pretty nice cloth cloak with a hood. She doesn't stand all that well with those dainty little feet of hers, but I'm more than willing to devise a way for her to stand.

Bah! Green Hulk almost stopped by to smash the computer... Stupid KB's site won't accept my credit card info because it's billed to a Canadian address. I even put in my brother's mailing address in Ohio to avoid hassles, but it seems Im a second class citizen to them. I had Galadriel, Arwen and Asfoloth with injured Frodo and Elrond in my cart to no avail. I feel sick. I'll put out a general plea, if anyone else is ordering, could you please please please find it in your heart to pick up an extra Elrond? Ill gladly cover him and help generously with your total shipping costs.... PM me if you can help. Thanks in advance!!!

Good luck to all you others, this is a good chance to pick up a couple of tough figures.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Heh...sorry I haven't posted here in a while guys.

I was going to let everyone know that Elrond was at KB, but I see you all know.

jjreason, I will check my fianances and see if I can order you one. Right now is a bad time of the month for me (mortage).
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Hey hey!

I got my "Gandalf the whiter" variant from BigBadToyStore. Looks nice, I'm much more pleased with this one than the 1st release. Also found a super poseable Gollum today - great figure!! Would be a perfect figure if he had double jointed elbows & knees though, but it's still leaps and bounds above the bendy. Not too sure why they put magnets in his feet though, the base is not magnetic or anything.

Anyone seen this upcoming ROTK AOME playset yet?

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm.../17/ls/default

This might be the first AOME playset I buy. Just too damn cool! Would love to see that thing in ToyBiz scale too.

Welcome back, Quite-Long, nice to see you! I hear you about the mortgage, I can hear the footsteps of mine approaching too - I get mine taken out automatically the Monday after every payday, so I don't have time to spend every red cent and bounce the payment!

Today I found Prologue Bilbo up here, but passed. Just not enough going on there and there were other things calling attention to themselves at TRU today (Hoth 4 Pack).

Anybody else check out the picture of the Art Asylum 3" figures for LOTR? I was checking on that Elrond deal yesterday and nearly crapped when I saw prologue Isildur and Elendil with Sauron! How cool is that?????

EDITED: Had a look - I had initially thought these were from a new, medium sized line by Art Asylum, but am now of the belief they're from AOME. My error was based on my cardback from the AOME Dark Rider on Horse in front of me right now, which tells me that AOME is made by "Playalong", not "Art Asylum" as per their site. Insights?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I have not heard anything on the LOTR MiniMates. I've seen all the AOME playsets so far. I wish the Helm's Deep playset came with more than just 3 figures. Seems kinda cheap.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    EDITED: Had a look - I had initially thought these were from a new, medium sized line by Art Asylum, but am now of the belief they're from AOME. My error was based on my cardback from the AOME Dark Rider on Horse in front of me right now, which tells me that AOME is made by "Playalong", not "Art Asylum" as per their site. Insights?
    Indeed, K-B seems to be a bit confused as to who's making these. They are all (the Elendil, Isildur, Sauron pack included) made by Play Along rather than Art Asylum. I'm assuming Art Asylum may have had a hand in the design and sculpt of these figures - as they are known to do (they are a design studio first, toy company second) - and that may be where the confusion stems from.

P.s. Isn't this line just the GREATEST?
    I'm loving it more and more with each new piece they reveal! That Fell Beast set just cinches it.
    Wouldn't it be great to see something like this for Star Wars also? Just think of all the awesome playsets and dioramas would come out of that line!

Holy Poop on a stick! Prologue Bilbo @KB toys!

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm.../17/ls/default

cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Damn!! KB is just THE place for LOTR right now. Thanks for the heads up JMG!

I got my 2 Twilight Frodo's from KB today. The packing job was just awful, the two figures were just dropped in an oversixed box with just one of those "air pillows" in there. Very weak..... Miraculously one was still in mint condition, the other.... well it looks like that's my opener!