Page 8 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by jpak001
    [BWhen I ask them anything, they look at me like they don't even understand english.

So I've been driving waaaaay out of my way to the only other WM around here looking for Marvel Legends. This is a much nicer WM, but they have no LOTR figures at all (and I get the same "ummmm" when I ask for figures).
    [/B]
    I've had the same problem until today.I finally picked up a Legolas figureWM seems to have a ton of Gandalf the White figures though,two pegs full.Is he even that popular?No luck in finding Treebeard though

Whats with the blank stares when you ask for figures though?I asked a week ago and got this "Uhh"..then even described the packing..more stares.Quite amusing at times.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

My WM got restocked on them, but I missed the Legolas figures, someone beat me to them. Oh well, maybe one day I'll find one.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I've been wanting to pick up some LOTR figures, who has the best retail prices?

Also, is there a TTT Gimli figure coming? I only saw two different FOTR Gimli's on a site.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

No TTT Gimli yet, but I have still seen the FOTR Gimli Uruk-Hai warrior 2-packs around.

Right now Walk-Mart has them for 6.83 I believe. And KB had them on sale or 7.99.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by robman71
    I too received the Fellowship Gift Pack for Christmas, and must say that I am more than pleased with this. I only had the Gandalf figure from the FOTR and the new figure with the cloth cloak just looks better. My big question is with it being packaged so nicely, should I open it or leave it packaged?
    I am normally an opener, but in this case, I've kept them packaged. The set looks wonderful packaged, and you'll never get all those figures to stand up on their own anyway. At the very least, save the packaging so you can put them back in later.

I don't remember the fellowship marching up the mountains with their swords drawn, so I opened mine to put the swords in their sheaths. I also removed most of the twist ties, as they really detracted from the overall appearance. After these changes, I am much happier with the piece's appearance. I am also considering swapping the some other cloaks onto Frodo and Sam, as no one should be wearing elvish cloaks of Lorien until after Gandalf's departure.

I hope they come out with a villains set in the fugure (9 ringwraiths or Saruman with 8 various orcs).

Tom
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

eh, WM is okay for us collectors, but it depends on their location and whatnot. My wal-mart here in Troy hasn't had crap for months. Even when i lived in columbus and hit random stores when i was home for a few days, not a freakin' thing. Now, home on winter break, hit wal-mart and they had literally, shelves of TTT figures, with like 95% of all Gandalf!! Other WM's have had random TTT figures, but they're mostly gone now since the movie came out.

None of the wal-marts reall had FOTR figures until like this past aug, a bit late if you ask me, but my friend who hadn't been able to afford FOTR figures when they arrived that previous winter, picked them up, so it was good for those who missed it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

A helms deep battle set would be sweet. It could have something like two Soldiers, two Elf archers and five Orcs.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

There is a TTT Gimli coming out in series 4, but it's not exactly new. It's just a single packed version of the two pack figure. They're doing the same to Boromir.

It's too bad theres a bunch of repaints coming out among some other new and awesome figures. I have the Gimli from the 2-pack, its a great figure!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    [B]I hope they come out with a villains set in the fugure (9 ringwraiths or Saruman with 8 various orcs).[B]
    Yeah!! I would love that! Or maybe even Sauron with some orcs! Or the Helms Deep battle set LTbasker was talking about!

There are so many cool toys they could make from TTT, here's some of the ones I really want to see:

Warg w/rider
    Balrog (where's our Balrog????)
    I'm forgetting his name, but the Elf that Elrond sent to help at Helms Deep
    King Theodan Horse w/rider set (they could throw the Warg in with this asst)
    New scuplts of Orcs & Uruk Hai
    Last edited by jpak001; 12-28-2002 at 12:44 PM.