Page 58 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    Thanks for that, JMG. I just checked out ToyBiz' link off the Marvel main page, and made myself a half-assed list. Here's what I came up with in terms of questions:

1. FOTR and TTT both had horse and rider sets of "Ringwraith and Horse with Light up eyes". Are the toys inside the same?

2. Are the FOTR and TTT basic carded Ringwraiths different? The FOTR one looks to have a molded cape whereas my TTT one is cloth.

3. My Berzerker Uruk Hai from the 2 pack appears to be the same as my single carded one. Is this also true with the Merry/Grishnak and Pippin/Ugluk sets? Are any of those figures unique?

4. Why the heck didn't Boromir get his own carded figure, and
    4a. Why the heck did Faramir get his???

5. Moria Orc. Is the single carded one any different from the one packaged with Merry and Pip in that FOTR multi pack?

The questions are based on my desire to build a loose collection of these figures without getting unneeded duplicates. If anyone knows, or cares to pipe in, that would be super.

Please also add things that don't appear on that sight, if you know of any. I believe there was an exclusive KB Orc of some kind, and some mail away figure too (unless they're the same). Thanks for any input.

JJR
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

jjreason, im not a hundred percent sure on my answers but i think the ringwraith and horse are the same figure in FOTR and TTT horse pack. The single carded ringwriath that came out on a TTT card is the same as the horse and rider version. The FOTR carded one is better in my opinion. His robe isnt cloth, but molded as you suspected and he comes with a knife that you can use to recreate him stabbing Frodo. As for the two packs Ugluk and Grishnak are the same as the ones released in the single carded army wave. I believe the hobbits are the same ones that came with the Moria Orc too. I honestly dont know why Boromir wasnt carded by himself but i think Faramir was because he has more of a role in the movie. And i believe the single carded Moria Orc to be the same as the twin pack version. Hope my answers can help you.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

The single carded Moria Orc IS the same at the 2-pack version. I have both.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

? The FOTR one looks to have a molded cape whereas my TTT one is cloth.
    the fotr wraith is actually the witchking and the horse/ ser5 wraiths are just reg wraiths!!

series 5 is known as "the evil wave" aka repacks wave!! Every fig in that series is a repack..grishnak, ugluk, berserker are from TT twin packs, moria orc from fotr twin pack w/ merry + pippin, and wraith from horse set!! Nothing is diff w/ any of these, they are the same just Repacked in single packages!

the mail away uruk hai is the only exclusive that TB has produced! It was with burger king and you had to send a couple upcs to get it!! And after they ran out of the original sculpt they sent out lurtz from the boromir lurtz twin pack!!

m + P repacked from series 3 is exaclty the same as the FOTR twin pack figs!! There is no new scupt for M + P for the TT line, but for ROTK that is awhole nother story!!

as for boromir he wasnt in TT and hes dead so TB prob figured it would be point less to repack him. ..And Faramir is a main character why wouldnt they make a fig of him?

Hope this info helps!!

BTW did everyone here get a chance to look at the press pics of some of ser1 and some of ser2 in the ROTK Line?

I cant wait for ROTK figs!! These will prob be the best figs TB makes!! From the first FOTR figs to the present TT figs Tb has really improved and will hopefully improve more for ROTK!!

Huh? Where can I see these press pics? Please let us know, I really want to see>

Sadly, i missed hte pics during their short time up. I think theGD.com had then as well as onering.net? but they were asked to be removed by Toybiz cause they didn't have permission to post them. What crap!!! It's promoting your toys which we're already giddy about, just let them show the damned pics!!

Also, toybiz has ONCE AGAIN said that Gimli is OFFICIALLY "cancelled" Sorry to all your Dwarf enthusiasts out there...hehehehehe cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Nobody has to worry about getting a Gimli figure. The best Gimli is the one of the FOTR 2-pack. Just get that. It shouldn't be too expensive, even on the secondary market.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yeah, I think that Gimli is the one that's included in the Helms Deep boxed set too.

Talking

Anyone looking to expand their Elven Army can still get the coveted PEW's from www.TheOuterReaches.com for $10 a piece. Not a bad deal. Mine just arrived this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carded pew's.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	5895