Page 90 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
    Jon- Don't get too discourged yet. Most Targets are still in the process of resetting their toy department and won't be stocking new LOTR stuff until it's over. I know my local target stores have only been stocking cases sporadically until after their resetting is over. Just keep your eyes peeled!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Target & LOTR

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Jon- Don't get too discourged yet. Most Targets are still in the process of resetting their toy department and won't be stocking new LOTR stuff until it's over. I know my local target stores have only been stocking cases sporadically until after their resetting is over. Just keep your eyes peeled!
    Well...that was why I dropped the message. They are done with resets...I have seen no tags or sections marked for LOTR...and dept heads are telling me they're not carrying any. Is it just that they don't know??
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Thats what I think jonthejedi. One day they're going to get them all in and stock em! It's going to be a huge movie in just a few months, trust me Target WILL be carrying them.

Department heads in stores like Target don't really know that much about toys they're getting anyways. There are few who do and are on the ball. They see a LOTR toy is just the same as any Star Wars, Barbie, or board game. It's just product to them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Anyways, KBkids.com has most of the Armies of Middle Earth IN STOCK for good prices if you don't want to wait.

Yeah man, most store clerks really don't give a ****e about any of this stuff, or us collectors. They also get us confused with scalpers, IE: "A collector bought all of those this morning".

Here's a fine example:

I was at Spencer gifts on Saturday getting some T3 figs. A clerk went up to the guy that was ringing me up and says "oh, we got these? I just told someone that we didn't have 'em, Ha Ha!! Oh well!". Then I ask the clerk that was helping me if the 18" Jason figure has showed up there yet, they both turn and look at me with disgust and he says "I haven't seen those in months, we probably won't get any more in dude". I say "but that's a brand new item, it wasn't out ANYWHERE months ago". Then I get the famous "blank stare/no answer".

I've been through this scenario many more times than I can remember. Trust me jonthejedi, most of them don't care and would tell you almost anything to get you out of thier face. I wouldn't put any stock into that clerks statement that they won't be carrying LOTR. Like Jayspawn said, it's gonna be a HUGE movie license this holiday season. Target will have 'em.

Oh yeah, On a LOTR note: I got another AMOE...... the "attack at Weathertop" set (really only bought it for the 'wraith). That's 4 'wraiths, 5 more to go!

Hey, i scored an extra eowyn if anybody wants it. I'd prefer to trade it for the Jedi Knight pack though. If anybody can help me out, drop me a line. If i can't get any trade action, i'll post it up for sale.

Nothing else new in the Northern dayton area. Should be getting new stuff at targets this week, so i was told by a very nice lady in beavercreek. She actually KNEW what i was talking about. I nearly asked her to marry me on the spot k, need food. cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'll keep the faith, guys, concerning LOTR & AOME showing up here soon in the eastern neck of Middle Earth. Ab so rightly about these store personnel not knowing, or really giving a darn. They make 7.00 an hr. putting out Plan-O-Gram merch...and that's all they do. They really have no customer service standard. Ironically...I'm finding most new toys I collect at Target.

AAAHHHH!!! I caved!!!! I bought AOME Armies of Middle Earth Gandalf w/ Shadowfax. I couldn't help it. See I'm actually reading The Two Towers (I'm actually not a book reading type) and I gave in!

I did a little paint job on Gandalf's hair because it wasn't white enough. It looks a lot better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    AAAHHHH!!! I caved!!!! I bought AOME Armies of Middle Earth Gandalf w/ Shadowfax. I couldn't help it. See I'm actually reading The Two Towers (I'm actually not a book reading type) and I gave in!

I did a little paint job on Gandalf's hair because it wasn't white enough. It looks a lot better now.
    I bigtime caved too when I walked into Columbia, MD Target today...new 12" LOTR, Armies of Middle Earth, etc. Finally!!! I'm coincidentally reading Two Towers also. I strugged thru Fellowship...this is a quicker read! I kinda approve the editorial changes Peter Jackson made, He could not have filmed the book the way it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn

He heh.... you gave in too huh? Guess it was only a matter of time!

I've wanted to get that Gandalf too, but that would go against my plan to only get 9 ringwraiths (yeah right....). Pretty nice little figs when you bust 'em open eh?

Happy to see you finally found some stuff too jonthejedi. Just out of curiosity, was that the same Target where the stock guy said they wouldn't be carying LOTR stuff?