Page 110 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1874

There and Back Again

The new 5-pack, "There and Back Again", is starting to show up at TRU. The local TRU (Orem, Utah) had dozens of them today, $30 each.

The figures are ok. They look like they've got a bit more articulation than previous hobbit figures. They are all new sculpts, but they are not particularly interesting to look at. I'm still debating whether or not to keep mine or return it.

Anyway, if they're showing up in Utah, then I'm sure they have already been at everyone else's TRU for a week...

Tom
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I see too many Smeagols around. It seems like this line is losing its thunder with the last couple of waves its had.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

There and Back Again

BTW - The "There and Back Again" box has "Exclusive Bilbo action figure included" printed on the front. Does this mean the other four figures are going to be released individually?

Tom
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

It may mean they've been released already, TL. We should get a link posted up in here, I know at least one forumite (Jargo) that would be able to identify the Hobbits' in the boxed set by when they were first released. The only Bilbo's I know about are the old FOTR one (older looking), and the new Prologue Bilbo.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    It may mean they've been released already, TL. We should get a link posted up in here, I know at least one forumite (Jargo) that would be able to identify the Hobbits' in the boxed set by when they were first released. The only Bilbo's I know about are the old FOTR one (older looking), and the new Prologue Bilbo.
    my understanding is that the other figures are the previously releaed ones with new likeness sculpts.

JIm

Quote Originally Posted by smurfvader
    my understanding is that the other figures are the previously releaed ones with new likeness sculpts.

JIm
    The bodies on all five are completely new sculpts, with new paint jobs. There is nothing similar about these five figures compared to any previously released figures, except that under close inspection it appears that Frodo, Sam, and Bilbo's head sculpts have been re-used from previous figures. At this point, it appears that all 5 figures are exclusive to this set, as they aren't currently available in singles. Perhaps all except Bilbo will be released individually in the future?

Regardless, the set isn't particularly interesting. No accessories, other than elven cloaks. I would like at least have liked them to have their swords. It would have been really cool if the boxed set was a scene of the five sitting in front of bag-end smoking their pipes or something.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I found a 4 pack today of soldiers (Armored Theoden, Eomer, Rider of Rohan and a Gondorian Ranger) which advertised an "exclusive figure" inside. Looking over the package, the figures all looked remarkably similar to the ones I have of them already. I can't imagine what they think is exclusive about any of them - the only one that was borderline tough to get at retail was the Rohan Soldier. Anyone know any more about this set? What did I miss?

Oh, and they wanted 50 bucks for it. Not bloody likely.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

About the Heroes of Rohan or whatever its called 4 pack that claims it has an exclusive figure, i believe nothing is new whatsoever. A guy on LOTRG even claimed that he was going to sue Toybiz for false advertisment. I dont know if thats still in the works or not. In short, i dont think you are going to be missing out on anything.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Got an e-mail from amazon today letting me know that my LOTR trilogy figs: Pip, Legolas, King Aragorn and the Hard Archer are delayed till Late Jan. I swear to God, why can't amazon know how to count their stock and not back order every damned LOTR item?!!?

I'll just keep giving my business to Kbtoys.com as they know what they have and ship out immediately.

damned amazon.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

KB is a great online store. Their shipping is fast too.

During my many shopping trips, more frequent now because of holiday shopping, but the ROTK Gandalf the White has got to be the hardest to get. I'm finding everyother figure in mass. My TRU has the A Hobbits Tale 5 pack a plenty. Its a neat set but I just cant bring myself to buy it.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett